Note to New Members ×

Annual Quiver Photo 2018-19 Season

workshop7

I know, I know, it’s way too early for this.  But I have next year’s line up all set and I was bored.  So, here it goes.  

This year I decided to include only the boards I will actually ride.  Therefore, the FPs are out of the picture.

MK, Flux 168, K168, Custom 172, NFCE 174, Tanker 177, FC2 179, Proteus 180.

0742E048-2FA2-4073-9379-F14A5966D061.jpeg

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, I have the only "Quiver" here. Notice the bottom of the Blue Squash. 

These are the only 2 boards that I use at Big Sky.  I do have doubles of both.  That may qualify for a small quiver of quivers.   Hopefully the boards will wear out before I do.  In my own little jaded world, these do me just fine.  

Must be fun to ride all those boards. ? You just can't make an old dog lead to water?

1.1.thumb.jpg.520c82580d1282190533810feddcc035.jpg

17 minutes ago, b0ardski said:

I got one of those coils if ya want it (65) free; claimed at the montucky  clear cut.

Thanks, but the thing would break my skinny little behind.  There are some guys on https://www.facebook.com/groups/736314186478431/?ref=bookmarks which is Alpinesnowboardtrader looking for those.  Offer is much appreciated.  I sold one at $165 I think, but it was a NOS.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, workshop7 said:

I know, I know, it’s way too early for this.  But I have next year’s line up all set and I was bored.  So, here it goes.  

This year I decided to include only the boards I will actually ride.  Therefore, the FPs are out of the picture.

MK, Flux 168, K168, Custom 172, NFCE 174, Tanker 177, FC2 179, Proteus 180.

FC2 179 seems redundant with and obsoleted by the Proteus 180, no?  Lucky guy with your choice of lively or damp short and medium boards!

11 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

FC2 179 seems redundant with and obsoleted by the Proteus 180, no?  Lucky guy with your choice of lively or damp short and medium boards!

The FC2 and Proteus are more different than you might think.  They are only 1cm apart in length but the SCR for each are not as close, 11 for the FC2 and 13 for the Proteus.  Also, there is very little, if not no taper in the FC2.  As well, the binding inserts are set far more forward on the FC2 than any of my other boards.  These two  features make it ride quite different from the Proteus, the Board I think of as my easy chair.

All of that being said, I don't ride the FC2 that much and could easily sell and do without it.  I just can't bring myself to do so.

3 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Perhaps it’s redundant with the custom 172 then. I ride about 50 days a year and I don’t think I’d have time for all those boards!

I can't speak for Mr. Workshop7, but I have many boards too.  If I go to the one little hill, I'll likely ride 3 different short boards.  A bigger hill?  I'll take a few, but only have bindings on 3 for quick changes at the car.  The rest come along because, sometimes, I just want to change it up.  

You could golf with 2 clubs, but why?  ?  ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

I ride about 50 days a year and I don’t think I’d have time for all those boards!

I do see your point and I could probably get along with one hardboot board and one soft.  However, I agree with Corey, why?  It makes things interesting to be on several different boards in one day.  I spend half of my 35 days a year at Pats Peak, a small local hill.  The MK is the perfect tool there.  The trails are short, narrow, icy, flat at the bottom and often crowded.  The MK doesn’t care about all those shortcomings and allows me to just ride, not think.  When the conditions are better there I might want to be on my custom 172, Flux, or tanker.  When I go to larger mountains then the MK stays at home and the Proteus come out.  It’ll be fun to work the Kessler and Coiler into the mix this year.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:15 AM, workshop7 said:

I do see your point and I could probably get along with one hardboot board and one soft

Now that's crazy talk. ?  I need 3 alpine boards - short, medium, and long.  However with my wife as my riding buddy, who owns one pair of skis for groomers and one pair for powder/spring, I think making more than one board change per day would be gratuitous.  I also like getting to know each board intimately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

I also like getting to know each board intimately.

Back when I shot archery competitively (70 meter olympic recurve), the saying was "watch out for the person who only owns one bow".  That person would have spent 1000s of hours with just that one piece of equipment and their proprioceptive system would be one with the bow, but the person who owned more than one would often tend to have more than two, and never really reach their full potential with any one of them.

• Like 2