Note to New Members ×

One Wheel Carving

softbootsurfer

the self balancing algorithms tilt the board "push back" raising the nose when the max speed/battery strength approach preset limits, warning you of imminent shut down if you don't back off.

Fangs, tiny wheels fit on the nose of the board, can allow the possibility of riding out the nose dive or at least mitigate the full stop launch to faceplant.

there's a lot of refined soft and firm ware in that system that makes it worth  double the price of the chinese knockoffs.

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

That's an, umm, unfriendly feedback loop.  

Board - Hey, you're exceeding my design limits.  Here's a push back to warn you.  

User - No, faster!

Board - No, full stop to wheel.  F*** you and your weak human body.  I must prevent overheating.  

---

Or does the board just contact the ground due to idiot user actions?  

• Haha 2

When the Boards battery gets low, it will start to send feedback by raising the nose...it is a message you need to pay attention to. However without a low battery,I have had it just plain drop and send me flying, I ride it in a way that I can handle that...go 20 mph and jump out of your car...yea, you are going to feel it!!! there is a Onewheel owners FB page covered in Blood...most all the damage shared there is from people trying to set speed records with it...I really enjoy just going a safe speed and carving it around...you can find sloped or undulating concrete / asphalt that is fun to play on...I think if I was younger I would hit some of the dirt trails as well...

• Thanks 1

got an hour in the school yard today; me & julio running thru my head, 1st time I played with custom settings on the app 

soooo cool, so much to learn.  🤩

squierrlly compared to hardboots and 150 effective edge.

will want to get a rounder traction tire eventually

ps momentum is good, to an extent

Edited by b0ardski

I can google it, but do you guys know if these can be shipped (in the hold) of planes?

I was just thinking that the UK price is £1 to $1, so it's much cheaper (especially as I switched to dollars before brexit) for me to buy one in dollars, probably when I'm next in the US.... but that only works if I can carry the thing back with me. And I wasn't thinking of catching a steamer.

another 30 min. on fresh asphalt, near empty parking lot🤙

17.8 mph top speed 18 miles on the odometer, getting the custom app settings more dialed for pavement.

elevated profile setting (3* rearward tilt) sucks for switch, fish bones concave pads for front foot  should help with heel lift,

ps full circle heel carves are awesome.

Edited by b0ardski

• 2 weeks later...