Note to New Members ×

One Wheel Carving

softbootsurfer

I remember sitting on a bus in Aspen, seeing a unicyclist go by in ski boots with skis/poles on his shoulder, in heavy snow.  Everyone on the bus stopped to watch this scene unfold.  Odd, yet impressive.  

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been two years since surfing a real wave. I’ve river surfed 2x during that time. Felt like groveling in the mush on my short board at best. Got to wake surf for the first time last weekend and felt what weaving down the line was again.... if only the wave were bigger and I could feel the drive off the bottom and into the section to drive a huge cutback or snap a lip.... sigh. Winter is coming right? Stoked for you! Nothing better than “that” feeling...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

got to ride stepson's XR last week in san jose, :biggthumpit's closer thing to the feel of turning in soft snow than hard wheels on pavement ever could be:eek::1luvu::biggthump

on smooth grass it feels, and more importantly, uses all the same muscle groups), the same as riding a short wide, tight sidecut board in a few inches of untracked cream cheese on an easy run. I only got 20 minutes on it and will be buying one this summer even though it's the price of a high end custom boutique board. and it goes fakie like a dream🤘

sorry Mark, the 8R warp switch will have to wait.

47953393493_9ba7d02d6b_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, Corey said:

Haha, that's awesome!  We need an equivalent for people that tell us we lost a ski when pushing around in the lift line.  

Just tell them you're buying your skis on the installment plan.....

WOOOHOOO, pulled the trigger after reading a lot of forums and reviews. I sprung for the XR over the pint, as the XR build and ships in 2weeks, the pint would have been 2 months because of high demand local dealers have none in stock and are waiting on pint deliveries like every one else. I'm going to be riding off road a lot in the hills of N.Idaho, so the larger platform and range and the treaded tire (carvier) option were a must. Will be hella fun wearing in and building some bmx style banks and single track features around our place🤙

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

got a new head bumper this winter but Kram mentioned full face and I do like my chin. The rest of my 20+ yr old roller blade gear needs upgraded too, will be getting some mini fangs to mitigate pearling too, what's that whoooshing sound coming from my wallet??

Edited by b0ardski
  • Haha 1

This is a Favorite...sure if you are an Idiot and Drink and Drive and don't use a seat belt...well ,the results are usually bad, some think that the Onewheel is a speed machine, when it actuality, simply by slowing down and getting into Carving it around...this type of Accident is not relevant...I have never come close to anything like this after hundreds of rides on it...

that guy wanted to go faster than the board did,

the guy in the car warned him he was at top speed, then you can see the board warn him with a strong "push back" (which he tried to over power) right before it shut down:smashfrea

I'm definitely edumacating myself before I get on it, the board's smarter than I am🙄. For me it's not about the speed, it's all about the turn.⚕️🤙

can't wait to do figure 8s on the lawn

Edited by b0ardski

On 6/9/2019 at 5:01 PM, b0ardski said:

the guy in the car warned him he was at top speed, then you can see the board warn him with a strong "push back" (which he tried to over power) right before it shut down:smashfrea

Can you clarify - are you saying that as you reach the top speed, the board does something to tell you to back off? That looked pretty brutal.