Note to New Members ×

One Wheel Carving

softbootsurfer

Been watching this for a year or so...figured, get the kinks out...looks like they have the kinks out now...even seen some snowboarders I know, cruising around...be fun to do some figure 8's on a football field somewhere...or maybe that beach in nicaragua thats a mile and a half long at low tide... 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update...Arrived yesterday, says you can experience death using it...that kinda freaked me out

On the Lawn, Tied a rope off the upper deck railing and learned how to step on it and start to go...maybe 10 minutes was required

Then let go of the rope, step on a go...it is self leveling so you just lean where you want to go, thats how I snowboard ?

after an hour riding around like you are on some kind of hover board... Stoked!!! this thing is Amazing and FUN ?‍♂️

Surfs Up :biggthump

• Like 2

21 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Update...Arrived yesterday, says you can experience death using it...that kinda freaked me out

On the Lawn, Tied a rope off the upper deck railing and learned how to step on it and start to go...maybe 10 minutes was required

Then let go of the rope, step on a go...it is self leveling so you just lean where you want to go, thats how I snowboard ?

after an hour riding around like you are on some kind of hover board... Stoked!!! this thing is Amazing and FUN ?‍♂️

Surfs Up :biggthump

... but can you use it to push your lawn mower?

?

OK ? took it down to Rio Grand Park...a large Soccer/Rugby field with grass mounds at both ends...having a wide flat soft open space was just Wonderfull, then throw in the contours at the ends for some climb and drop action...It Blew My Mind :biggthump Stoked again !! 

after one week of riding...it becomes a solid platform

• Like 1

getting 25 minute non stops now... did three yesterday ?

my average snowboard run is around 3 to 4 minutes so this is kinda unreal...lots of small turns, learning the backside turn, no toe support like my snowboard, so I feel shaky on just using heel, though skating was really heel toe stuff...spun out out some wet grass...looking up at the sky, thinking yea, just keep it slow for now

Interesting... I'm still laughing at the UK skateboard guy though - I'm sure I went to school with him. If that's a set up then they have captured the character of those people perfectly. These days they've eaten too much to skateboard and instead vote for brexit.

I keep looking at various powered board devices but none of them quite make it for me... perhaps it depends where you are and what sort of terrain is around. 

Edited by philw

13 hours ago, philw said:

Interesting... I'm still laughing at the UK skateboard guy though - I'm sure I went to school with him. If that's a set up then they have captured the character of those people perfectly.

i'm still laughing too. 

Sounds good. I have a gravity-powered mountain board which looks kind of as good as those do off road... but it's not that good when I ride it. 

Let's see: $1,399 in the US for the cheap version.

In the UK, Amazon will sell me one of the same model for £2,108.77, which at current rates is $2,788.31 - I don't think they are really for sale here. I visit the US now and then; I'll maybe pick one up the next time I'm passing through. Although I'm planning in attending the anti-pussy-man march in a while, so perhaps I'll not be allowed any more ?

• Like 1

Cool but not fast enough. I suppose upping the speed and power would be a huge safety concern given the platform. They seem to be all the rage with the rich kids around vail.

The new electric dirtbikes and motorcycles coming out from Alta motors are downright incredible though.  Now to find $14000 lying around to afford one. 

Found a wonderful little park...as for speed? not the goal here...this thing provides a wonderful Core experience, allows me to stay focused on my Turns year around and builds leg strength...some want a 1500 stick in their quivers, some don't...actually hoping to get a Fliteboard next year for the local lake...

Edited by softbootsurfer

Well inelegant is not accurate...once you learned how to ride it, then you are out in places where Surfers can't catch waves, simply powering into swell, climbing and dropping your brains loose...or the nearest lake cranking turns on a course in your mind...then again having just Surfed the grasslands for a 1/2hr. on my onewheel...I be Smilin ??‍♂️ :biggthump

https://fliteboard.com

I've been "one wheeling" it for years.  This video is ten years old.   There's always some clever soul who shouts out, "You've lost a wheel" to which I replay, "It's worse than it looks.  It started out as a tricycle!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, patmoore said:

It's worse than it looks.  It started out as a tricycle!

Haha, that's awesome!  We need an equivalent for people that tell us we lost a ski when pushing around in the lift line.