FrankNBeans

What are you listening to today?

Sorry about my last post I seemed to get the Beans before the Frank somehow.😃

I like the lyrics in this song while carving:

12 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

As a condition of participation, all of these bands should be forced to cover “Anarchyburger” in their PRB sets...

Or 'Slap of love'.

I still have 'When in Rome' on vinyl from my teen years.

Or '(the legend of) Pat Brown'.

Or 'Pizza Tran'.

I have seen them several times, w/ Steveo duct taping a turn table on him self for 'Lady Killer' and Dave finishing 'I have a date' by taking his clothes off.

Vinnie the Kid and I were talking about old snowboard videos. His new found joy with hard boots(as a very once-in-a-while) endeavor has him intrigued with Damian Sanders. Naturally I suggest he watch 'Critical Condition'. Then The Vandals enter the conversation as they fill the movie's soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuXGHBvmdSY

Enjoy.

A week ago, the first humming bird came for a visit. Right on time. Cool/cool spell kept it away for a bit but, alas, he returned this morning so scope and sample the feeder. Lifts running in the background, hummer in the foreground is less-than-usual but the timing of Easter is making it happen. Background and foreground are covered. This is in the middleground as we kit up for the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goLUhTBtrw

Jusummadis:

Love it! I was waxing the xc skis last night to Puccini's La boheme. I had Cypress Hill on for the shop vac part.

Edited by FrankNBeans
  • Like 1

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cool+runnings+clip&view=detail&mid=1719EC61578DC63407171719EC61578DC6340717&FORM=VIRE

Whacked out mashup playing in my head today as I was climbing on my first mtb ride of the season today

Its a frightening place

Edited by big mario

^ A journey of a a thousand miles begins with...one foot in front of the other.

The new snow was too deep to to skate so the magic elixir of hard wax over klister was the ticket for the xc session today, as was Lee Ving:

Pg-13 into R rated lyrics.

Edited by FrankNBeans
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FrankNBeans said:

^ A journey of a a thousand miles begins with...one foot in front of the other.

The new snow was too deep to to skate so the magic elixir of hard wax over klister was the ticket for the xc session today, as was Lee Ving:

Pg-13 into R rated lyrics.

One of my favs

About 2 years ago I signed us up for the Spotify family plan.  My kids are locked in to Spotify due to its social networking features (i.e. all their friends are on it too), but I'm convinced that Pandora's radio function is significantly superior.  Therefore I also have the minimum Pandora plan for when I don't want to curate my own playlist.

That said, being able to play basically anything on demand is a revelation.  Recently I've been exploring stuff that was popular or important many years ago that I just didn't have time to get into back then because I was busy listening to other stuff, and doing my homework.  Anyone else doing this?  Some of my recent personal discoveries that are probably old news to many other people:

The Police, Zenyatta Mondatta - now on my list of "desert island" albums.  I had never heard anything but the few singles off this album until now.  I love drummers, Stewart Copeland is hall of fame.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magic - I was busy jamming out to Phish and Dave Matthews and other stuff like that when this was popular.

Jane's Addiction, Nothing's Shocking - this and BSSM were inspired by pictures of the old Bomber factory which had these album cover posters hanging inside.

Dire Straits, Communique - another addition to my desert island list.  Just amazing.

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down - DLR and SH are both legit IMO, but DLR came first.  1984 was the first album (cassette) I ever bought for myself.

Steely Dan, The Royal Scam - got turned on to this when Kid Charlemagne came up in a Pandora station.

Steely Dan, Can't Buy a Thrill - continuation of the above.   Gaucho, Aja, Two Against Nature, Kamakiriad are other established favorites.

Roxy Music, Avalon - actually been into this album for a long time, but revisiting it now.  Another desert island disc.

Earth Wind and Fire, September (the whole album)

Pandora 80s alternative

You do have a point there. I am, however, frightened that you knew that was Mickey Rooney....

Just a little bit more of my boy Freddy Chops:

Not sure if any Rick & Morty fans here, but if so, Nocturne Op.55 No.1 is sampled in this song, which featured on Rick & Morty: