Note to New Members ×

music

FrankNBeans

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, FrankNBeans said:

After 35-ish years, it's still the best cover....and I still have the record.

Still have my JFA albums too, although the Big Boys albums get more play time.

• 1 month later...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cool+runnings+clip&view=detail&mid=1719EC61578DC63407171719EC61578DC6340717&FORM=VIRE

Whacked out mashup playing in my head today as I was climbing on my first mtb ride of the season today

Its a frightening place

Edited by big mario

8 hours ago, FrankNBeans said:

^ A journey of a a thousand miles begins with...one foot in front of the other.

The new snow was too deep to to skate so the magic elixir of hard wax over klister was the ticket for the xc session today, as was Lee Ving:

Pg-13 into R rated lyrics.

One of my favs

About 2 years ago I signed us up for the Spotify family plan.  My kids are locked in to Spotify due to its social networking features (i.e. all their friends are on it too), but I'm convinced that Pandora's radio function is significantly superior.  Therefore I also have the minimum Pandora plan for when I don't want to curate my own playlist.

That said, being able to play basically anything on demand is a revelation.  Recently I've been exploring stuff that was popular or important many years ago that I just didn't have time to get into back then because I was busy listening to other stuff, and doing my homework.  Anyone else doing this?  Some of my recent personal discoveries that are probably old news to many other people:

The Police, Zenyatta Mondatta - now on my list of "desert island" albums.  I had never heard anything but the few singles off this album until now.  I love drummers, Stewart Copeland is hall of fame.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Magic - I was busy jamming out to Phish and Dave Matthews and other stuff like that when this was popular.

Jane's Addiction, Nothing's Shocking - this and BSSM were inspired by pictures of the old Bomber factory which had these album cover posters hanging inside.

Dire Straits, Communique - another addition to my desert island list.  Just amazing.

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down - DLR and SH are both legit IMO, but DLR came first.  1984 was the first album (cassette) I ever bought for myself.

Steely Dan, The Royal Scam - got turned on to this when Kid Charlemagne came up in a Pandora station.

Steely Dan, Can't Buy a Thrill - continuation of the above.   Gaucho, Aja, Two Against Nature, Kamakiriad are other established favorites.

Roxy Music, Avalon - actually been into this album for a long time, but revisiting it now.  Another desert island disc.

Earth Wind and Fire, September (the whole album)

Pandora 80s alternative