Note to New Members ×

music

FrankNBeans

12 hours ago, big mario said:

One night I asked the Bart, the Dj, to play me some Ska. He was an even bigger smart ass than myself, and his reply was this:

Walked right into that one, Mighty Joe Young. For my money, Party At Ground Zero is the greatest ska song ever. Lyin' A** B**** doesn't suck either. That's the ringtone I've set for our realtor...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up at howl at the moon  in lodo last night for my nieces birthday party.  Not my usual haunt, nary a speck of flat black could be found anywhere.  As captain mullet sits down behind his piano and launches into his nightly soliloquy about what you can request, he mentions moterhead. So I figure, what the hell, lets call his bluff,  so I kept it easy, and I request this:

He did a passible job, though I think he was shocked that anyone would request that.  I couldn't resist, smart ass that I am and all. RIP Lemmy, now you can catch up on all of that sleep you passed up on when you where alive.

Calexico is the first band that comes up on my Joe Strummer Pandora station every time I turn it on.  My neighbor to the west used to live next door to them in Az, and mentioned that to me one night as I was listening to them and drinking beer on my front porch

mario

Edited by big mario

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listening to my CD collection encoded as .FLAC files on an old Toshiba laptop through foobar2000 via a Styleaudio Carat HD1V Digital to Analogue converter (DAC) to amp/speakers.

If someone had told me how much more detail I would hear, compared to playing on a reasonable CD player or just playing through  the DAC in the laptop, I would not have believed them. 

Don't need to spend a lot of money to get a decent DAC. Your ears will thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sandinista was such an awesome album. Greatest show I ever saw was Joe  and the mescaleros back in the early 'aught's.  The played a bunch of the clash catalogue, I almost blew that off because it was a school night, glad I didn't.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, big mario said:

Joe  and the mescaleros.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, FrankNBeans said:

That band is soooooo severely underrated. I would bet it was the greatest.

Streetcore is just as good as all the best Clash albums. A masterpiece, as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After getting out a little later then I wanted to, I found myself awash in a sea of red tail lights in full front range nascar mode on my Saturday morning mountain commute, Pandora serves up this highly ironic and amusing  little nugget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFsoz0IH44