Note to New Members ×

Subscriptions!

Jack M

12 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Hi @Jack Michaud

Just received a message my subscription has been cancelled. Not something I've done nor from something I've omitted to do as far as I know. Are you able to shed any light?

Hi SunSurfer, thanks for the heads up.  The forum provider, Invision Community, is doing some maintenance on the subscription system.  That email notification was triggered by whatever they're doing, sorry for the surprise.  Turns out there was some problem with your billing agreement.  It hadn't automatically paid since July, so you haven't been a subscriber for some time.  I previously thought you had canceled your billing agreement through your PayPal account, so I hadn't addressed it earlier.  I will post an update when I hear from Invision.

Weird.  I cancelled a subscription to another winter sports site this morning and got a confirmation that I had cancelled this one.  When I click on the tab up top it says I'm subscribed and due to renew on Nov 5.  I'll keep an eye on it.

51 minutes ago, patmoore said:

Weird.  I cancelled a subscription to another winter sports site this morning and got a confirmation that I had cancelled this one.  When I click on the tab up top it says I'm subscribed and due to renew on Nov 5.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks Pat.  That was an unrelated coincidence.  Looks like you had two billing agreements here, and the Invision tech canceled one of them, hence the alert.  You are still subscribed.

14 hours ago, Jack M said:

Hi SunSurfer, thanks for the heads up.  The forum provider, Invision Community, is doing some maintenance on the subscription system.  That email notification was triggered by whatever they're doing, sorry for the surprise.  Turns out there was some problem with your billing agreement.  It hadn't automatically paid since July, so you haven't been a subscriber for some time.  I previously thought you had canceled your billing agreement through your PayPal account, so I hadn't addressed it earlier.  I will post an update when I hear from Invision.

Hi Jack,

Just checked my banking records.

PAYPAL *ALPINESNOWB 4029357733  has been automatically paid sums on

July 29th, Aug 19th, Sept 19th & Oct 19th 2018. 

Checking the message on 31st October from PayPal, it states the subscription has been cancelled by AlpineSnowboarder.com and that the subscription in question had started on July 19th 2018.

Thanks for looking into it. Please message me if you need any other details. 

Edited by SunSurfer
add detail

7 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Hi Jack,

Just checked my banking records.

PAYPAL *ALPINESNOWB 4029357733  has been automatically paid sums on

July 29th, Aug 19th, Sept 19th & Oct 19th 2018. 

Checking the message on 31st October from PayPal, it states the subscription has been cancelled by AlpineSnowboarder.com and that the subscription in question had started on July 19th 2018.

Thanks for looking into it. Please message me if you need any other details. 

Bizarre.  In the forum admin panel, it thinks you hadn't paid since June 18.  Looking in the PayPal account now, it mostly agrees with what you say above, except just not the July payment.  My apologies.  The subscription system is a relatively new feature for Invision, and it has had some bugs.  I *think* they're resolved now, but older accounts may still be affected.  I will look further into this later today, thanks for your patience!  In the meantime I've manually made you a supporting member.

Update, an Invision support technician has reviewed all subscriptions and fixed all remaining issues that had been caused before the recent bug fix.  Hopefully going forward we will be all set.  If anyone sees their membership drop or gets a cancellation email after today, please get in touch with me right away.

Thanks everyone for your patience!  Your support is doing good things.  The forum is self-sustaining, and together we have donated nearly $500 each to USASA and USSRT since subscriptions began at the end of April.  Youth racing is a great feeder to our sport, and racing in general advances gear technology that we can all enjoy.  Let's keep up the good work!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Question about non-paying member privileges.

Just had a currently non-paying member be unable to download a .pdf file I'd uploaded. Is that related to their subscription status or should I look elsewhere to understand the issue?

I plan to email the file to them directly so it's not a major problem. 

6 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Question about non-paying member privileges.

Just had a currently non-paying member be unable to download a .pdf file I'd uploaded. Is that related to their subscription status or should I look elsewhere to understand the issue?

I plan to email the file to them directly so it's not a major problem. 

Not related.  Some other ghost in the machine I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • Jack M unpinned this topic