Note to New Members ×

Subscriptions!

Jack M

Who knew it costs money to run this forum?  Yep!  Now that we're not selling hard products here, we need the forum to be self-sustaining.  Believe it or not the ads generate very little revenue themselves - they have been running for a few weeks, visible only when not logged in.  So, we are now showing ads to logged-in members, and selling subscriptions to remove the ads and to be able to upload attachments.  Click the blue Subscriptions tab at the very top of the forum to view/purchase the plans. If viewing on a smartphone, touch the menu button (3 horizontal bars), then Subscriptions.

ALSO, we want to do something really cool here... all profits beyond the cost of maintaining this forum/website will be donated to USASA and the US Snowboard Racing Team.  We believe youth racing is the future of this sport, so we want to help these guys out big time.  This is your chance to support this crazy niche sport.  Do yourself a favor and enter a USASA race, even just one, to check out what a great job these guys are doing, and to see the interest level in these young athletes - it's very encouraging! Even if you're not a contender, it's fun and exciting!

Thank you!!

Update: PLEASE DO NOT MANUALLY PAY AUTO-RENEWAL INVOICES - disregard as a reminder.  See more further below.

• Like 4

• Jack M pinned this topic

On my phone it was a 3 horizontal line icon at the top right of the screen that brought up my details and had a Subscription tab at the bottom. Now a paid up Supporting member. Good to see this put on a long term sustainable foundation. 

PS: confirmation emails from PayPal and alpinesnowboarderforums have been received. Process is obviously working well. 

Edited by SunSurfer
Add info
  • Thanks 1

• Jack M featured this topic

I prefer to not have automatic withdrawals on my accounts. I am happy to pay for a year at a time.

I believe in KISS (especially on something like this), so if it is too much to also offer yearly payments, I understand and will sign up for monthly billing.

Thanks

• Like 2

Very happy to be a Gold member.  Thanks for all of your hard work to help all of us carver geeks, and wannabes keep up the stoke. I'm gettin' there, dammit!  Of course it's all about the right board to make one a hero;  rider skill is over-rated.  If Jack can recklessly add to his quiver during a mid-life crisis so can I.  I'm on my fourth or fifth MLC anyway (my wife would say more like 10th) and I don't have many left.  I may die (literally) or get seriously injured perusing the good carve but I can think of worse fates.  I could also die laying on the couch watching MSNBC, CNN or even Fox News while eating Bon-Bons.  Pick your poison.

• Thanks 1

I really liked it when we were just anonymous Bombers.  If i just  pay a whack up front can you just block the adds till i piss someone off or remember to ante up again in a years time  ? Renewing monthly will fill my inbox with paypal reminders (adds). I don't really want a star from the teacher beside my scribbles. I'm more the if you let me join i don't want to belong.

Edited by lowrider

Being powerless to resist the temptation of innuendo, I joined as a goldmember.

2KxQlEkmUSBLOrR4swkgFeysuLC.jpg

@Jack Michaud — I saw your sticky on the for sale thread ... I'm wondering if it would make sense to provide some guidelines for donations on the basis of value of the item sold? It only makes sense that if people are benefiting from this forum as a marketplace, that they should be willing to help maintain it for themselves and for the community.

• Like 1

I agree with Jack. An on your honor donation, say 3 to 5%, of your sale price, wouldn't be too much to ask. That practice is followed on a rowing site where I buy and sell oars, boats, etc. and it seems to work. Your other choice is Ebay, which I use a lot too, but it's pretty expensive when you add up all of the costs.

• Like 1