Note to New Members ×

First World problems

FrankNBeans

Fresh snow in Aspen and a full plane meant luggage had to be offloaded to have a safe power to plane weight ratio for takeoff after de-icing. Lady in the seat behind me decided she would get upset about this. Her husband tried to tell her it would make no difference, but she was having none of it. I think he would have preferred it if they'd offloaded her.

My bags must have been amongst those offloaded because my suitcase arrived home in NZ 4 days after me, and my boards arrive tomorrow. Pilot did his job and got us out and safely. 👍

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Having to get to the indoor ski slope early so you're ready for "First Tracks".

At an indoor ski slope today for a sliding fix and some experimentation. Results of the experiments will be posted later and in the appropriate area. But discovered today that there are people who actually have this problem!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First world problem: What do I want for Christmas?

Will another new board make me happier? A new fancy bike? Not likely. 

Aside from something really extravagant (like a new car?) - I really can't think of anything. All of the marketing hype about why I want some new great gizmo just doesn't do it for me.

Definitely a first world problem. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Grabbed a jar of chunky, no-stir peanut butter out of the pantry to replace the hated, now empty creamy stir-in peanut butter. Opened it to find it was another fully separated jar of creamy. Now my f***ing arm is tired and I'm too mad for peanut butter.

A butter knife in your cordless drill fixes that problem right quick! (we're a family of peanut butter snobs, I had to adapt!)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

A butter knife in your cordless drill fixes that problem right quick! (we're a family of peanut butter snobs, I had to adapt!)

Could you put up a pic of the bench vise mounted to your kitchen counter to hold the jar?

• Haha 2