Been using the Thirst 8RW this season for GS racing and carving this season. This season is my first racing Slalom and Giant Slalom, I have been riding soft boot racing boards for the last decade. I have ridden all the super expensive boards out there, I even regretfully own a couple of them.  The first day I rode the Thirst 8RW it held a better edge than any of my other boards.   Every time I go out on the 8RW I find a new gear and I go faster than the time before.   I raced the 8RW on Presidents day at White Pass in a GS race.  I won two gold medals and the Thirst board was amazing!  I would race this board at any level of competition. I qualified for Nationals at Copper Mtn. I hope to go but I'm still trying to figure out if I can.  The Thirst board that I'm borrowing has more power than my Donek and holds a better edge than my Kessler. If your wanting a high end board with a ton of power the 8RW is the one. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By andrepierre
      Swoard Extremecarver 3rd generation 168cm Medium flex. $400CAD + shipping or best offer (was about $300USD when I wrote this post)
      Excellent condition, as I have only used it on rare occasions on perfect groomers early in the morning. It's been sitting in my locker for a few years, so it's time for me to get rid of it.

• By Mig
      A little run on one of my Fullbag longboards, specificaly tuned for carving. We filmed this at sunset, late last fall, after an afternoon of slalom skateboard practice. First experiment filming with an iPhone on a gimbal. It was cold, sub zero celcius, thus the winter jacket and snowboard helmet. I will try to add more little clips of pavement carving on skateboards in this thread, once in a while.

• By pcABQ
      i have moved from denver to albuquerque, and i want to get out some info on carving from ABQ.  6 months ago i would have had trouble locating ABQ ona map; now i iive here -- quite happily.
      first item: ski sante fe.
      has a nice, local feel.  no fast chairs.  excellent grooming and solid carving.
      updates to follow.

• By KIDQWIK
      L-R. 6.0/180S, a 64, a 6.7, and a 7.3/180S. I can send more photos of specific boards. $120 each plus shipping. PayPal family and friends.

• By GBcarver
      The 177 FC is a special board.
      The nose is big for a carving board. When you bent the board in the turn, the curve continue perferctly in the curve on the nose and the edge  get bigger.You can test that by sitting on snow and push on borad.
      It is like a variable edge size , if it is possible?  When you go flat the contact edge is smaller than when you turn on the edge by pushing. Maniability  at flat  and longer edge  grip when you turn, this is for me a very interresting concept for a carving board, and radius 9-12 short radius.
      The result of this concept, is the board turn very short in carving for a 177 , and maniable board at flat, but the big surprise is the possibility  to carve  at higher edge inclinations in wet snow. That is the first board that allows me to carve almost in wet snow like in middle hard snow. And for me it is a revolution.Never i was able to me to do that wich an other board so easely.
      For me I find at ent  the solution to carve at the end of the season, so i can now carve carve carve until the last days.
      This board is a big discovery, a very interresting concept, and the solution to finish the season  by carving no matter if the snow is wet and high temperature. 
      If you have a probleme on wet snow !!!!!!

• By BlueB
      First of all, this is a review thread. Use it for test ride comments and civilized discussion. If you want to flame, use "some prototypes" thread in the carving section... 
      Intro: 
      This was designed to be an ultimate freeride/carver for hardboots, or softies for those who like very forward angles. 
      The inspiration for this board came from few excellent, yet not perfect, alpine free ride boards that me and few local riders have tried and frrm versatility of modern slalom boards (OES SL included). For few years I tried to convince Alexey that he needed this type of board in his lineup and that we possibly could redesign one of the existing boards to fit the bill. However, now he decided to develop it from scratch - new molds, new geometry. I've designed the geometry (so blame it on me if it didn't work), while the core thickness and construction I left to Alexey. 
      Specs: 
      Length: 167 
      Waist: 23 
      SCR: 8-10 
      Flex: M, S and XS, for now. 
      Construction: Kevlar composite, wood core
      Weight: 3.9 kg, the heaviest M 
      The sidecut goes high up into the decambered nose, creating heavy taper (less decamber at the tail). However, there's almost no taper at the contact points, flat running. I'm hoping to achieve the best of both worlds this way - carveability and float in pow. 
      The prototypes are here!