Note to New Members ×

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

D'oh! A number of guys from here will be riding at Bachelor on April 3-7, and would love to demo your boards. Don't suppose there's any chance you'll come back? 

I wish!  I am not sure how I swung a week away with the wife and no kids!  Do you live in Portland?  If so I will be there Saturday, March 3rd, till sometime the next day.  I will gladly meet you so you can see the DO 161 in person. 

Hey Don, yep, I'm in Portland. That could be pretty cool and there might be some other folks interested too. What part of town will you be in? Sat/Sun will probably be good carving on Mt. Hood and I'm planning on heading up Sunday -- any interest? 

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Hey Don, yep, I'm in Portland. That could be pretty cool and there might be some other folks interested too. What part of town will you be in? Sat/Sun will probably be good carving on Mt. Hood and I'm planning on heading up Sunday -- any interest? 

Possibly.  I was planning on Mt Bachelor Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but Wednesday looks like it might rain.  Sunday at Hood might work.  It’ll be a last minute decision so I’ll let you know Saturday.  

Don,

Here are some of questions that were from other treads. 

Folks, if you have questions on D.O., please ask here instead.  I can hardly keep up with all the softboot specific carving snowboard posts in separate threads. (yeah.. too lazy) so that other can find information of the D.O. in one thread. 

On 3/2/2018 at 10:20 AM, piusthedrcarve said:

Don,

Here are some of questions that were from other treads. 

Folks, if you have questions on D.O., please ask here instead.  I can hardly keep up with all the softboot specific carving snowboard posts in separate threads. (yeah.. too lazy) so that other can find information of the D.O. in one thread. 

Any chance you can make it to Mt Bachelor? 

Good news. 

I have spoken to Shane Kang, the builder of the Alloy snowboards, and asked some questions regarding the unusual SCRs and possibility of widening the width of D.O.  He told me that D.O. is built for BX also and the SCR is decided accordingly.  And the final spec. has been determined from many tests.

I specifically told him the avg. feet size of the western and recent trend of widening width. He told me that he'll consider widening up the waist of the D.O., as D.O. has been updated every year or may introduce a new model, based on feedbacks and demand. 

I feel very good about Alloy since communications from distributor and builder have been prompt and seemed they listen and willing to cooperate. 

Edited by piusthedrcarve
grammar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...