Note to New Members ×

Gray Snowboards?

Randy Kight

9 minutes ago, Shred Gruumer said:

Nice... I hear that from all the companies...but then nothing!   Dang, More Eye Candy looks like a "Slash Aurora" Type 3 D... maybe ,,perhaps...  I'll keep an eye on this one!!

The D.O. model is very interesting.   They replaced titanal with different metal nickel/chrome alloy that they claims the most springy metal materials.  Also, same as Endeavor 'hammerhead', they placed the alloy in two separate beams instead of whole sheet.   If they dialed in with right flex, it could be the one that deliver all the advantage of titanal layers with pops/liveness.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piusthedrcarve said:

I heard ALLOY, one of these Asian hammerhead carving specific softboot snowboards, will be available for US market for next season.  Check out ALLOY D.O. 

Looks like a cool board, where is it from? It has not made its way into the  Chinese Market.

the flex ratings tho, completely arbitrary, every manufacturer has their own rating and it's all different lol

19 minutes ago, daveo said:

Great. Might have to visit next time I'm there. My partner is Chinese so I frequent China. Xi'an specifically. 

damn, where all the good food is

if you go over summer, hit me up and I'll meet you there

havent been there for like six years, fantastic old town

I'll definitely do that. Our next trip is planned for next year unfortunately, although she is going in April for 3 weeks. I just did 5 weeks in Japan solo so can't get any more time off =/

I'll be sure to bring my softboot carving board down (up) when I go, though. Provided it is in winter that is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

Dang, More Eye Candy looks like a "Slash Aurora" Type 3 D... maybe ,,perhaps.

I think its confirmed!  too many clues left behind....  Swiss design,,Gigi Ruff,,Nidecker..etc. 

http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=shane285&from=postList&categoryNo=6

here some good photos!!

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=shane285&logNo=221117473668&categoryNo=0&parentCategoryNo=0&viewDate=&currentPage=1&postListTopCurrentPage=1&from=postView&userTopListOpen=true&userTopListCount=20&userTopListManageOpen=false&userTopListCurrentPage=1

Edited by Shred Gruumer

7 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

I heard ALLOY, one of these Asian hammerhead carving specific softboot snowboards, will be available for US market for next season.  Check out ALLOY D.O. 

So i heard back from Alloy..  They are gonna contact the guy they are setting up here in the states..  I also asked about if he has demos right now available... will see? whos interested?

36 minutes ago, Shred Gruumer said:

So i heard back from Alloy..  They are gonna contact the guy they are setting up here in the states..  I also asked about if he has demos right now available... will see? whos interested?

Yup. me too.   The US distributor is in CT. I already got contacted by the guy and should be able to test the D.O. by end of this season.  If not late, I will ask him if I can pass the demo to you also.   Now, more and ever, I wish I live in CO. 

FYI, the blogger (Gatsby) is the builder & co-founder of Alloy, ex-pro rider, and board reviewer for 'BoardKorea', biggest snowboard retailer in Korea.  He is a family member of the D.H. Metal company that produced Alloy's 'Chronic Booster', the inserted Nickel/Chrome alloy metal. 

I feel good about Alloy D.O by looking at the spec.   As I reviewed Endeavor early this season, I confirmed that there are many new features that allow non-alpine board to carve like alpine boards.  Most stand out features from Endeavor were seamless edges and partial titanal layer.  Although it was little too softer for my riding, the soft flex allowed me to play around easily, which is good thing.  I suspect this Alloy D.O. will ride much like an alpine snowboard. hmm..  I will save my words until I ride it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shred Gruumer said:

on paper the board looks friggin amazing, there are some good carving boards from Korea like Eno, but i have never tried them. 

would be interesting to  add european boards to my experience then try this one, see where it falls.

so many new boards to try, uuuuhhhhhhhhh

8 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

Yup. me too.   The US distributor is in CT. I already got contacted by the guy and should be able to test the D.O. by end of this season.  If not late, I will ask him if I can pass the demo to you also.   Now, more and ever, I wish I live in CO. 

FYI, the blogger (Gatsby) is the builder & co-founder of Alloy, ex-pro rider, and board reviewer for 'BoardKorea', biggest snowboard retailer in Korea.  He is a family member of the D.H. Metal company that produced Alloy's 'Chronic Booster', the inserted Nickel/Chrome alloy metal. 

I feel good about Alloy D.O by looking at the spec.   As I reviewed Endeavor early this season, I confirmed that there are many new features that allow non-alpine board to carve like alpine boards.  Most stand out features from Endeavor were seamless edges and partial titanal layer.  Although it was little too softer for my riding, the soft flex allowed me to play around easily, which is good thing.  I suspect this Alloy D.O. will ride much like an alpine snowboard. hmm..  I will save my words until I ride it. 

If demo is possible, would love to sign up!  

9 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

I already got contacted by the guy and should be able to test the D.O. by end of this season.  If not late, I will ask him if I can pass the demo to you also.   Now, more and ever, I wish I live in CO. 

Looks like Alloy is falling in place!  Good to see that its all starting with what seems to be very good communication!!!  That's more than most!!  YOU need to get on and demo it so we at least have some Idea what its all about.  My things im looking for is the amount of camber! not necessarily a good thing since I don't see any type of rocker in the nose to ease initiation.  Flex im not a fan of real stiff boards, im finding my stuff is going to the softer side of things..  165 maybe interesting...unless it doesn't turn worth..Sh@%#T

Get the Report out!! oh and take some real photos!!!  I hate looking at cartoons!

The R-One is promising too!!! 

Now if someone can set up Gray and Moss we be in business!!

Edited by Shred Gruumer

16 hours ago, pauleleven said:

Looks like a cool board, where is it from? It has not made its way into the  Chinese Market.

the flex ratings tho, completely arbitrary, every manufacturer has their own rating and it's all different lol

Hi pauleleven, 

The Chinese market will have Alloy for the 18/19 season.  They just placed a pretty big order.  You will not be disappointed!

2 hours ago, Alloy Snow USA said:

Hi lonbordin,

Are you in the Mt Bachelor area?  I will have one 17/18 D.O. and one 16/17 Sniper with me.  The rest of my demos are currently in New England shops. 

Thanks, I'm in the midwest.  

That said, the Alloy line is too small for me (195cm/113kg/29MP). 

Good luck!

Edited by lonbordin
6'4.75" & 248 #s for the metrically challenged.

Cool where in NE are you for demos?

Looks promising but also like Lonbordin it would need for me to run very high angles not to boot out with a 25.8 waist even on a 165cm. Also 29MP. But only 95kg lol.

The sidecut radius is special. Would love to try it.

Will have in my hands the One B-One shortly and try it. Lighthest board around.

Edited by Poloturbo