Note to New Members ×

Blue

JBS

Amazing year so far at Blue. 100% open before New Years and conditions have overall been great. I’m usually out early on weekend mornings if anyone wants company making turns. Chubz has also come out of retirement and has not missed a beat.  Still rips!  Been great getting to see him out again. 

Hi Jesse! We're going to shoot for Mondays at Blue Mt. Joe got me a Coiler for Christmas, so I am officially a hard booter now!

Hope to see you and Chubz at Blue sometime. We can't deal with the crowds on weekends, are you ever there midweek?  Denise

Its hard for me to make it out on a weekday. Though I have a few vacation days to burn this winter. Maybe we can resurrect BMES this year. If anyone out there would like to do an informal session at Blue during a weekday speak up. One year we had about a dozen riders show up. 

I'm in! Lost my snowboarding buddies so would LOVE to hook up with any of you hardbooters! I'm available any Mon.-Thurs. with a little notice.

One of my former snowboard buddy's moved to Minn., but with three weeks notice, he can come back for a session also.

's

On 1/8/2018 at 5:06 PM, pow4ever said:

I am interested.  Have never rode Blue but always heard great thing about it.

A great man once told me" After Blue; You'll never want to go any further West".

JP1, Gleen, Teach?

Hey Chirish! Glad to see you're still riding! Haven't been yet this year but looking forward to hooking up with some of the hardbooters...Hope your season is going well!

• Haha 1

Denise and I were there on Monday.  It rained for a few hours before the snow  and things got a little crusty.  Looks like they have a real good base down.  Hey Jessie if you see Chubbs tell him I said hi.  BMES 2018-how about a Monday in Feb??

On 1/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, pow4ever said:

Long time Glenn!  so great to hear from you.  Hope you are doing well.  We gotta put the band back together.
Wonder how this weekend's thaw is going to do to the slope.

I plan to keep doing this until I am King of Easy Blue LOL.

Yes, long time...Things are well with me.

I'm hoping for 2019 for Aspen. I haven't been yet. About to remedy that situation...

Yeah, I'm working on mastering the blue's myself!

Hope things are well with you...

It’s great to see some old names.  Work and kids schedules forced me into retirement.  

Changed jobs with more flexibility.  So thankful to be back out. 

My sweet, creamy thighs reminded me I hadn’t been out in years.  14 partial days in so far and a great day yesterday.

I can usually sneak out Mondays, Fridays and periodic midweek.  Typically arrive around 10 to get some early work in and let the sun come up a bit.  Stay until 2-3 depending on conditions.

i forgot how much I missed 

“Hey, what is that?”  “It’s called a snowboard”

”Is that a speedboard?”  “ultra-speedy”

”Is that a mono Ski?” “Yep, mono-Ski”

”Are you that guy leaving ruts in the hill?”  “Nope, wasn’t me”

”Why would you wanna do that?” “Follow me one run and then ask that again.” “Holy shit! That looks fun.” 

Mumbles in the lift line, “look at that thing”  I know they aren’t looking at my butt.

Great to be back, but I think my loving wife is questioning herself buying me a pass for x-mas.  Or she secretly loves it.

3BA5E2F0-C52F-48A0-9169-AE650756BBE8.jpeg

My wife says she’s a morning snow widow during winter.   She puts up with so it must be love. Good to have you back bud.  

Also this morning was off the hook.  I think I did six straight runs on Challenge to start.  Perfect snow a decent grooming make for a good day  

Today:

Razor- Frozen cord, stiff and fast (groomed before last nights refreeze cycle) with some bomb pockets

Balance of runs explored, loose salt piles with bomb pockets and no rigidity.

Sad to hear a 53 YO Philly man passed away Sunday after Ski patrol found him non-responsive.  Be careful out there and keep your head on a swivel.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01/skier_killed_in_collision_at_b.html

Edited by Chubz

• 2 weeks later...