Note to New Members ×

Holler if there'll be any Snowshoe/Silvercreek riders this winter! (2017-1018)

jim_s

Maybe on VA's spring break. (3/24-31) since it's a good 4 & 1/2 hour drive from DC area.  Canaan Valley & Timberline Four Season are on the way to SnowShoe and both combined are as good as Snowshoe and only 2 &1/2 hours away.  Timberline is having some issues (mechanical/operational and, most importantly, financial) and there is a rumor that Canaan Valley may acquire Timberline.  If that happens, it will become a biggest single resort in Mid Atlantic area that offer 87 trails with glades.  

On 1/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, piusthedrcarve said:

Maybe on VA's spring break. (3/24-31) since it's a good 4 & 1/2 hour drive from DC area.  Canaan Valley & Timberline Four Season are on the way to SnowShoe and both combined are as good as Snowshoe and only 2 &1/2 hours away.  Timberline is having some issues (mechanical/operational and, most importantly, financial) and there is a rumor that Canaan Valley may acquire Timberline.  If that happens, it will become a biggest single resort in Mid Atlantic area that offer 87 trails with glades.  

I used to live up in the DC area, and always had a really good time at Timberline. (Canaan was always a bit too crowded, but Timberline seldom was - haven't been there in many years now! (Timberline is about 4 hours for me, vs about 3 hrs to Snowshoe - plus, I have a season pass for Snowshoe. :-)

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, piusthedrcarve said:

Holy cow!!!  That would be insane!  Love Canaan due to price, hills being out in the open (catches more sun), and the little cabins are cheap awesomeness. 

How long has this rumor been going on...possibility of it happening?

51 minutes ago, Randy Kight said:

Holy cow!!!  That would be insane!  Love Canaan due to price, hills being out in the open (catches more sun), and the little cabins are cheap awesomeness. 

How long has this rumor been going on...possibility of it happening?

The rumor were from homeowner(s) of Timberline Four Season.  Operations of Timberline has been questionable last few seasons and changed their management team again.  Staff has shortage and they are suffering big time.  There had been lawsuits from people that fell from lift (last season) due to malfunction and utility companies thatTimberline hasn't paid yet.  Timberline raised their daily ticket price this season to $90 something (weekend single day) to cover their financial issues, meanwhile Canaan putting a lot of investment (more guns and re-modernizing their lodges) and promotions and put their lift ticket on liftopia to attract more.  A lot of snow sport lovers are choosing Canaan over Timberline this season. I personally liked trails of timberline so hasn't explored Canaan much.  (been there once at late season so many trails were closed).  I will update if new update is available. I think there will be some after this season.