Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek 2017/2018

jtslalom

Day number 6 for me was yesterday 12/28/17 at MC. They have been making snow non-stop all of this week and have a lot to show for it. They are open top to bottom with a little more than half of the slopes open. They have been making snow on Zero-G, Grand Prix, and Great Northern for the last few days and more than likely will be open this weekend. As you can guess conditions have been good. Lower Straightaway and Garden State are both open along with twist and Sayanora. Matchmaker (the old pipe) is soon to open as well. I have only ridden north but they have also been making snow on south and Bear Peaks as well. Connecting trail is not open yet but I think this weekend they will be able to open it. I will be riding Saturday and Sunday mornings at north and Granite. Hope to see other carvers.

Edited by jtslalom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff,
A few of us ride first lift at north just about every Saturday and Sunday morning. This up and coming weekend will be Jan 27/28 and most of us will be riding however the conditions will more than likely not be so great. If you are coming up regardless of conditions try to get there as early as possible. The cab starts loading at 8 am and usually we are part of the first group on the hill. See you there.

jt

JT, 

Thanks for getting back to  me. I’m waiting to see if my gear arrives, there was a delay at customs. I’m hoping to make it one of the days. I would be starting a bit later, since I have to drop my 6 year old at ski school at 9 am. Is it a large crew of riders?  Does anyone now how to use the hard boot gear? I hope I can figure out how to ride with this stuff. 

Its usually Dave and I on early weekend mornings. Jimmy and Ken will ride early as well. Jimmy is usually the only one riding in hard boots but all of have had many years riding hard boots. More than likely we will be able to help you out.

If you come up on a week day maybe you can solicit Eric J to ride. He knows a little about it too.