Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2018

Riceball

My local Costco only has lift tickets for the big destination resorts.  But there's a Costco at 2853 32 St NE, not too far from the airport.  I'll swing by there on the way out of the airport on Thursday.  

Neil, should I get some for you too?  

Will anyone be riding Nakiska on Thursday?  I'm gettin' pretty sick of the constant powder here in Revelstoke; I have two new Coilers I really want to try but the corduroy is buried deep here.   

(#firstworldproblems)

Yup, I'll take good cord over decent powder any day.  Nobody around here understands that, but maybe some Bomber folks do.  (Having said that, I will be in line early tomorrow for a another round on my favorite pow lines before driving east...)

So?  Shred Thursday?  Anyone?

Also, is Norquay any good for carving?  There were rumours of fast, steep groomers there.  Is it true?   Are they wide and smooth or narrow and rolling? I haven't ridden there or Nakiska yet.  Recommendations?

gnorm.jpg

Okay...  Just called the Stoney Nakoda Lodge to reserve and it turns out they offer a great ski and stay package:  $160 per night includes two lift tickets each night!  Catch is, the tickets are for Thursday and Friday only.  So...  if anyone wants to join me Thusday I've got a free lift ticket for them.  

46 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

I'm gettin' pretty sick of the constant powder here

Said no one EVER.  ;)

Come to Manitoba.  We don't get powder, it's cold, and the hills are small.  But the ski season is only 3 months long to make up for it!  LOL!  #whatamidoinghere

50 minutes ago, Rob Stevens said:

How does a season pass holder help out someone who isn't?

I have a pass, so let me know what I can do. 

Upthread, someone mentioned that season pass holders can get a limited number of discounted lift tickets.  I think you'd have to be there, so unless you are planning to attend NES you probably can't help.  Thanks for the offer.

OTOH I'd love to see you out there.  We've been chatting for a lot of years now.

For the RCR season's pass, it looks like you need to have a Login for their site that is attached to your pass. This allows you to print off coupons. 8 for individual and 12 for family. These coupons should have the lift ticket discount for family and friends. I'll see if I can print off my coupons prior to Friday.

Sorry everyone, I realized I never put the same event description here as I did in Facebook. Here it is:

Come join other Snowboarders from all over Western Canada for the annual Nakiska Expression Session. This is for Hard-Booters with Carve specific boards and will run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All abilities welcome. Some extra equipment will be available to try. There is no cost for the event, but you must purchase your lift ticket(s). Visit the Bomber Online Forum to see who is talking about this event. Contact Steve (Riceball) Recsky for further information.

Itinerary for the 2018 Nakiska Expression Session.

Friday, January 12, 2018.
9am - Meet at main base lodge - look for pile of carving boards outside main lodge. There will be a bunch of us inside.
10am - Weather dependent Photo shoot with Riceball
11:30am - Lunch in lounge at main base lodge

Saturday, January 13, 2018.
9am - Meet at main base lodge - look for pile of carving boards outside main lodge. There will be a bunch of us inside.
10:00am - Weather dependent riding photo shoot with Riceball - for those who missed Friday
1:30pm - Tentative Clinic
6-9pm - Pizza, drinks and photo/video viewing at the Recsky household

Sunday, January 14, 2018.
4:00pm - Session Ends :(

Don't forget to bring extra equipment and throw it in your vehicle if you have it. Other people may want to ride/test things and or buy/sell stuff.

For those of you who are beginner carvers, please let one of us veterans know and we can mentor you for your first runs. Help is here!

1 hour ago, Riceball said:

For the RCR season's pass, it looks like you need to have a Login for their site that is attached to your pass. This allows you to print off coupons. 8 for individual and 12 for family. These coupons should have the lift ticket discount for family and friends. I'll see if I can print off my coupons prior to Friday.

I'd be happy to take some of those coupons off your hands.  I'm riding all 3 days, Donnagail is riding 1, so we could use as many as 4.

BTW I have a rental car this year, so I won't need to bug you for rides.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill