Note to New Members ×

WTF 2018. Jan 24~Feb 3

snowreport: mon jan 22, 2018
howdy all

nice groomers, but slightly on the icy crunchy side, some new snow mixed in with the icy weather

event from Saturday. it was groomed nice, but gets skied off into little chicken heads. brought the

old small alp157 and really had to use good form or skid out. classic big mountain fog that starts

at the top of chair2 and very slowly lifts thru the day. nice comfy temps with some sun around noon.

got a good workout with the small board... fun day... a coiler would have made it better...

rode the 157alp from 9 till 4...

snowreport: tue jan 23, 2018
howdy all

wow! what a difference a day makes, the slightly cooler temps and no new snow made for some

great groomers. the icy hard pack got groomed to some nice firm grippy groomers, gone was the

the chicken heads and only got skied off into lite sugar powder and the groom stayed good all day.

again with the fog and the lighting was flat at times. today was a great carving day and you guys

should have been here... forecast is a few inches of snow every day thru next week... pack a softie...

I will miss the first day of WTF which will be Thursday, see you guys on Friday, chair 2 9am...

rode the 176vsr from 9 till 4...

414587808_Position1_640_360-01-23-18.jpg

howdy shred and cuban

no one dare go on the off piste from Saturdays weather event. the icy crust is over an inch thick

and not safe to be in. it will take a while for it get better. hope it snow a little every day and just

enough to refresh the groomers and hope the off groom gets more snow and bury the ice crust.

everyone on the groomers, but not that crowded. it will be nice to see you and Cuban and everyone.

looking forward to my vacation too...

snowreport: fri jan 26, 2018
howdy all

WTF day 2, we actually had a crew, classic big mountain fog at the top of chair 2 and snowing

all morning. a few inches of really nice pow over groom early and you could cut thru it really easy

then as the day went on it got wet-n-heavy and got really bumpy. temps was just right and did not

get any rime and the snow did not get us wet. it really looked like a classic winter day with the

snow falling then later with some high winds blowing the snow off the trees. not the best carving

conditions, but it was fun seeing and riding with the crew. tomorrow should be nice groomers if

it doesn't snow too much overnight, but its calling for a lot of snow during the day...

rode the 176vsr from 9 till 3...

Not exactly an ideal carving day, but stayed in hardboots until after 1:00.  Carl from Golden BC when bell to bell in hardboots, on a board he made.

Then dinner downtown at the Bulldog, followed by final final at the Northern, then secondsies, then...  old story.  Ended up grooving to the band.

IMG_20180127_221524.thumb.jpg.f5177c8336fe4ec6e6196126bbc4e3d3.jpg00001IMG_00001_BURST20180127221755_COVER.thumb.jpg.dca7947ad0ddb82ff2a45edce1abb775.jpg

snowreport: sat jan 27, 2018
howdy all

knew I should have brought the softboots, but brought the all mountain and did ok. first run down ed's

was a few inches over groom and untracked cause they groomed mullys and everybody went down it.

again, classic big mountain fog and snowed all day and hard at times. just cold enough that we did not

get wet and temps was comfy and the snow was just right, but the snow was more than we would have

wanted for a good carving day. showed carlito around the mountain and went to most of the groomed

runs, but if I had the softies I could have showed him more off piste runs so handed carlito off to johnasmo

and john changed to the softies. carlito was amazing and rode his home made board all over the place.

the first run down toni matt was so smooth then everything gets bumped up fast with the weekend crowds.

sorry Cuban for the pow fest and there are no friends on a powder day as always looking for the fresh lines.

I  think after Monday things should get better for carving. dinner at the bulldog then went over my 2 beer

limit at the northern. goodtimes!... forecast is more snow on sunday so going softboot...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 2...