Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a F2 Silberpfeil.

I like to carve but kinda new with it.

What bindings you advice?

F2 Intec Titanflex - Intec Titanium or maybe F2 CNC race Alpine?

I've Deeluxe boots

Couple of questions will help make your needs clearer.

How well established is your riding stance i.e. angles, distance, toe/heel lift and canting? Some bindings are more adjustable if you have not got yourself sorted there.

Do you understand the trade offs between Intec heel bindings and standard bail bindings?

You can spend a lot or a little. I have a pair of F2 Intec Race bindings I bought second hand for not much that have lasted very well. If you're just getting started, spending less until you can answer your question above all by yourself is not a bad idea.

Welcome to Bomber. Look around, learn how to use the Search function, you've already found the Review section, there's plenty more in the general Carving Central forum threads on bindings.

Edited by SunSurfer

I know my stance.

63/57

50cm distance

I only know that the Intec bindings are a kind of step in bindings but are they less stiffer compared to the standard bindings? Do i need stiff bindings for carving?

Thanks!!!

As you're new to carving, the F2 CNC are probably overkill.

Generally speaking, a step-in binding with similar design to a conventional binding will be stiffer.  However the Titanflex has a cushioned base that adds some flex, so overall the design is of medium stiffness.  For me, the convenience of step-in is a major draw.  I would never go back to conventional bindings.  I own 2 pairs of the Titanflex plus an older version of the RS, and they have worked well for me.

YMMV. I have never used step-in bindings and never missed them. With your angles, you will probably be alright with Intecs. With low angles, the much higher lateral stiffness (compared to bail bindings) can become problematic, Titanflex or no. Note that for Intecs you will also need Intec heels. Those add some height, so you may want to use a bit more toe lift in front.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By andrepierre
      Swoard Extremecarver 3rd generation 168cm Medium flex. $400CAD + shipping or best offer (was about $300USD when I wrote this post)
      Excellent condition, as I have only used it on rare occasions on perfect groomers early in the morning. It's been sitting in my locker for a few years, so it's time for me to get rid of it.

• By Mig
      A little run on one of my Fullbag longboards, specificaly tuned for carving. We filmed this at sunset, late last fall, after an afternoon of slalom skateboard practice. First experiment filming with an iPhone on a gimbal. It was cold, sub zero celcius, thus the winter jacket and snowboard helmet. I will try to add more little clips of pavement carving on skateboards in this thread, once in a while.

• By Atom Ant
      I have the following for sale, itemized.  Happy to to entertain questions about the gear listed for sale with those interested in purchasing.  
      Buyer pays shipping.
      Apex T1 Plate: $350  SOLD!
      Great, super low profile plate.  In my opinion, one of the best plates Apex has ever made using the slider-hinge system.  Super smooth slider action, and a plate that allows some ability to "peddle".  Plate is in great shape.  Comes with all hardware (UPM only, although APEX sells a 4x4 adapter, I believe).
      JJA "Soft" Plate: $100 (Plate only) SOLD!
      This is the softest plate I have ever ridden.  It is a composite build, no carbon.  Great for: a) anyone looking to cush up their ride and maintain slow-speed turn-ability, b) a light weight recreational racer adult, or c) a great plate for a developing racer who has little to no experience on a plate.  I rode it on the JJA SL board I previously sold here, and the stiff, snappy board combined with the soft flex plate was a magic combination (for me and others who demoed it).  
      NEAR NEW  F2 Titanium Size Large, Two Pair with extra heel / toe wedges and canting wedges: $220 / each    SOLD!
      Ridden once.  I since downsized my boots so need F2 mediums, hence these for sale.  Comes with extra heel lift and toe lift blocks, and canting wedges.  All hardware included.  
      Trench Digger Canting Disks and pads, Plate Version: $100/ set (set = two canting disks, two pads, two low profile center disks and hardware).  I have two sets to sell.   SOLD!
      I have: 
      1 zero degree SOLD! 2 three degree 1 REMAINING 2 six degree. BOTH SOLD! Bomber Power Plates: $215 for complete setup; $115 for the "power plates" only  SOLD!
      Comes with: 2 three degree cant disks, purple lower pads, two power plates, and all associated hardware.  
      Should you want only the "power plates" themselves, price is above.  I only have one set of base plates and full size cant disks left, so those can either go to the power plates, or the sidewinders below.
      Trench Digger Sidewinders with extra e-pads: $325 for complete setup, $225 for uppers only (and extra e-pads)   UPPERS SOLD!
      Trench Digger Sidewinders.  I will assemble (currently taken apart for pictures).  This would include center disks, two 3 degree cants, purple lower pads, and sidewinder uppers AND extra e-pads (one blue, one yellow).  only have one set of base plates and full size cant disks left, so those can either go to the sidewinders or power plates.
      JJA 185 GS board with medium carbon fiber Isolation Plate, with mounts: $1,000         PRICE UPDATE: $800
      A rocket ship.  WC specs.  This was my trainer.  Base is in great condition with a new structure, but two caveats: there is a bit of base dimpling in the front (slight popping of the base, pictures) and a slide amount of base suck in the rear (pictured).  Does not affect ride whatsoever.  Edges are a 9/10.  Width is 19.5cm.  Built for a weight range around 185ibs.   Note: this has the "JPM" plate mounts, which I believe are 1mm further towards edge than UPM.  Great when paired with a JJA plate (best in the business)... which it is!  Plate is medium flex, and the pairing is a wonderful, very fast ride.  Can obviously be ridden plate free, where the boards becomes more playful and slightly less a rocket ship.  I can send additional pictures of this item as required (does not come with bindings).  This board normally goes for around $1,000+, and the plate with hardware normally sells for around $1,200+.  So this is priced very reasonably, in my opinion.  
      Well, I think that is it!

• By Algunderfoot
      Gently used f2 "RS" model Step ins, standard 3° cents. Inserts modified for use with Burton 3-D but remain 4 hole functional.
      $150 Shipped to lower 48

• By slapos
      Got SG bindings for sale.
      less then 10 days on snow. Got all the boxes, cant/lift sets.
      Got both bail sets for UPZ/Deeluxe and MS/NW boots.
      Ton of additional screws

$290 plus shipping.
      slightly negotiable
    • By lonbordin
      Looking through my boxes of stuff I found I had not sold these bindings!    So they gotta go! 
      Snowpro Step-in FAST bindings RACE (size Large) w/everything including the leash, minty (like n*w! only carpet carved). For sale over at UPZ for $229.00 right now.
      Ideally I'd like to trade for a set of large F2/Proflex style standard (not step-in) plate bindings.
      Link to photos- https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZaP07X1TEL3iVFZF2
    • By Geof Harries
      2005-06 F2 Speedster RS 183cm board with F2 bindings. Originally purchased from YYZCANUCK as one of Dave's (the owner's) personal boards. Inserts had been drilled by a professional shop for Hangl plates when Dave owned it, but I only ever used the F2 bindings. Waist width is 196mm. Sidecut radius is 16m.
      This board and bindings are in great shape. Board was recently tuned by local shop and has been unused since then.
      Asking CAD $200 or best offer.