Note to New Members ×

Spring carving in Whistler?

ilya.s

Hi, how are the conditions on Whistler during April/May? Are the runs still suitable for carving?

Has anyone tried the glacier in June/July? Do they have groomed runs on the glacier?

I'm considering moving to Vancouver to extend the season and was wondering whether or not this was a good idea.

Cypress is still on until 17th of April... It's coastal, so unpredictable. Can be ice in am, slush pm, or it can be a pow day... 

After that, the local crew always goes on few Whistler day trips. Same description as above is applicable. 

Glacier is not worth it, unless you live in Whistler. In the am they run all sorts of summer comp camps and won't let the public up from base before 11ish. That means you'll start to ride at about 11:45. It's done about 3:30pm. Even at noon it can be still icy, but will slush up by 1:30. Crowd will be big too as many camp kids will stay for pm. There are only 2 long t-bars up there. 

I only go to the glacier when I want to impress visitors from places with limited snow... 

• Like 1