Note to New Members ×

Somebody in Barrie area - grab this!! $50 Kessler

loopback

I'm not so sure. They seem to know an awful lot of info about each one. The weight range is pretty specific on the Coiler. I think someone is selling their kids old race gear.

....betcha we find out regardless. Lots of riders in that area, it's about 30 min from the Coiler "factory". Someone from here will get them. If they were suitable for my 225lbs I would have done the 8 hour round-trip already.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 8:13 PM, loopback said:

I'm not so sure. They seem to know an awful lot of info about each one. The weight range is pretty specific on the Coiler. I think someone is selling their kids old race gear.

....betcha we find out regardless. Lots of riders in that area, it's about 30 min from the Coiler "factory". Someone from here will get them. If they were suitable for my 225lbs I would have done the 8 hour round-trip already.

So nobody local bought these, I could not stand seeing them listed for that cheap and bought all 3 unseen for $175.

The seller was a retired since 2010, female, Canadian national team racer.

A friend of my wife lives in Barrie and met her to pick them up and pay for them.

I am hoping to go get them in the next couple weeks, will post pictures

3 hours ago, muthahucker said:

I sent an email to the seller about the boards but got no response.  Looks like you purchased them before my email was sent, good buy.

I  hope they turn out to be a good buy! I have not got down to Barrie to pick them up yet. 

I got the boards yesterday.

Huge shout out to @iav8 for arranging to get these from Barrie to Ottawa!!

-The Coiler: 

The Coiler is in the best shape by far. It is a 2009 PRC with Titanal. Built for 150lbs or less (if I am decoding Bruce's SN# properly)

It was built for the previous owner

It is in 8/10 shape

-The Kessler:

Well used, edges are thin. Feels soft by hand. Custom built for the same racer @ 150lbs or less, 5/10

-The Donek:

In good shape, maybe 7/10. Lots of edge. The bindings are Burton Raceplates (rental version that allows you to change the size without removing screws)

Missing the plastic lever on one toe bail

All in all I'm pretty happy with these for $175 all in.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, loopback said:

Good morning Loopback!

If you still have the Coiler, PM me, I'd be interested, it looks like a good starting board for my son.

On 2/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, loopback said:

I got the boards yesterday.

Huge shout out to @iav8 for arranging to get these from Barrie to Ottawa!!

-The Coiler: 

The Coiler is in the best shape by far. It is a 2009 PRC with Titanal. Built for 150lbs or less (if I am decoding Bruce's SN# properly)

It was built for the previous owner

It is in 8/10 shape