Note to New Members ×

Oxess SBX 163 titanal+carbon

svr

My new to me Oxess SBX 163 (12m sidecut, 143cm effective edge, 26cm waist) carbon and titanal construction with Apex Gecko Stealth plates and Flow NX2-GT bindings. A carbon and metal Softboot Carving Machine. 

Thanks to bomber member A.Leal as board is awesome.IMG_4161.JPGIMG_4160.JPGIMG_4159.JPGIMG_4158.JPGIMG_4156.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looks cool. What worries me is that I had a very knowledgeable source strongly discourage me from directly mounting a set of FR2s (with a similar footprint as your lowers) to a 187 Tanker. Evidently that "pillar" can put a lot of stress on a limited area if the board gets bent funny. I'm sure you've considered this, but I'd sure hate to see that pretty Oxess become two 80cm short boards.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Looks cool. What worries me is that I had a very knowledgeable source strongly discourage me from directly mounting a set of FR2s (with a similar footprint as your lowers) to a 187 Tanker. Evidently that "pillar" can put a lot of stress on a limited area if the board gets bent funny. I'm sure you've considered this, but I'd sure hate to see that pretty Oxess become two 80cm short boards.

I completely agree that there is some worry there and I will tread lightly on the first runs with this setup.

The Tankers are not built to handle the stress that an SBX board is designed to handle and I have broken two tankers with my old Catek FR1's, so I have hope for this board.

If I find that I like it, I may have to have a custom built from Sean at Donek (the new Flux sounds cool) or a Coiler BXFR from Bruce with extra reinforcement around the inserts. 

Will let you know how it works out when I get to ride it in Oregon sometime this month. Hope you are getting some snow and getting to ride it.

cheers,

sandy