Note to New Members ×

Stoked and melancholy

slopestar

Very happy that Bomber is making things official and that people will have a place to go and gear to try/buy!

Melancholy that "The June Carver Classic" might go by the wayside as a result. 

I came on board with alpine and Bomberonline when it was referred to as SNES and always wondered why a California event was called Sierra Nevada Expression Session. Well, fast forward several years later to last March and we had about 25 carvers at June. Heck we even did our own dinner, demo's and had a few first time carvers. Thanks to the efforts of Several including: Brooke and Carlo and Eric Diem (Head Patrol and fellow Carver at June) for catering to us. I just hope it doesn't die off. Officially unofficially...

IMG_8002.PNG

IMG_8012.PNG

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 1

I grew up 50mi. north of June and logged 20-30 days/season when I was in grade/high school, and taught there for 1 season - My favorite mtn. for many reasons. Great variety of terrain, awesome glades, great off-piste and groom, and a small town feel, and no doubt that since I've spent a lot of days there, it feels like home..

About 15 years ago, Chair 4 is where I saw 'Adult' hardbooters in action for the first time (as opposed to the high school racers that I was coaching - we were there for a fun day before the NCISSF Championships at Mammoth)  - I watched from the chair as 3 guys were tipping to their sides and laying fat trenches from one side of the run to the other below me (Bodie actually Lottie Johl or Gunsmoke).  AND THEY WERE HAVING A BLAST!!

I was bitten hard and have been hopelessly hooked since then for sure - Many thanks to Bomber, the Bomber community and to the Tahoe Carvers for assisting in the quench for my need to trench!

So, regarding The June Carver Classic - I live up by Mt. Shasta now, so don't know if I could make it, but would sure like to know when it is and to follow that scene a bit more - hook me up w/ info if you can, please.

Stoked for the event at Kirkwood also!! (happens to be my favorite Tahoe resort!)

:-)

Edited by dr. sandman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree. I will definitely be at June as much as I can this season, and I am hoping that the SNES/ June Carver Classic or whatever we want to call the unofficial meetup still happens.

Just trying to decide if I try and go to ATC or TTC this year too now. Or why not both?

Edited by AcousticBoarder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be sure to try to help keep it alive as before.  Last year was the only one that I actually missed.  The first one, I think back in 2007we had a full fleet of demos from Donek, Madd and Catek.  It would be great to bring that back.  Carl and Eric certainly support us there at June.