Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

howdy Seb HENRI

You know this video ?... yes this video was posted on this thread a bunch of pages back...

your video looks cool, but most people here think body dragging is not good form... here

where I ride in the west we have soft snow and putting your hand down on snow it would

get ripped off from your body... extreme carving is only good for good firm groomers...

having your weight off the edge is not good form... to each his own... have fun... look cool...

11 hours ago, west carven said:

Hello West Carven,

Yes you're right depending on the snow the style is different, I come from freeride and I like boardercross style, but when you do carving and you manage to put your head in the snow while keeping control of your board on the edge at full speed and by linking turns, it gives great sensations, especially in Backside 😉
The technique is different, the best is to ride in freeride mode then do carving, a few turns in ExtremeCarving mode, do 2 or 3 small jumps, have fun doing everything what...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, west carven said:

most people here think body dragging is not good form

Hmmm......."most people here"   Are you speaking as "here",  this forum West? ....or are you referring to where you ride?      I would have to disagree.  I enjoy the EC style/skill and agree with Seb, mix it up, throw a few EC turns into your run...... it's a great skill to have in your bag of tricks....but not every single turn.

19 hours ago, west carven said:

I ride in the west we have soft snow and putting your hand down on snow it would

get ripped off from your body

Not sure  about this either.    I spent the last 7 years riding in Cali and soft snow  is no problem to lay a few EC turns and I have seen many more soft boot EC riders tearing it up at Northstar and Heavenly the last couple of years....... softboot EC carving is the new hot trend and bringing new blood into the mix from what I see.

Sounds like it's time for a new Poll!

Edited by barryj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen rama ride that a few times recently i think he just switches up what he rides depending on the conditions more than anything. pretty cool seeing him ride outside of japan and korea i wonder if anyone realised who he was and recognised him.

And yeah id love to try a BC stream, Gray or Ogasaka

Edited by scottishsurfer