SunSurfer

Softboot Carving worth watching

howdy

watch sonic carver get better in a couple of years... putting time on snow day and night...

from awkward to a solid rider... the latest vids are posted a few posts above...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, west carven said:

gotta love "orange man"... check out Neil Hartmann and his Neil Vlog...

I have been following Neil for a long time and love his stuff. And love Orange Man's riding style. He seems to stand up more then other japanese snowsurfers. Kind of sets him apart.

• Like 1

I really like a couple clips in today's vid.  😎  Will probably post tomorrow's on here too as it's funny AF (to me at least).  🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, romansun said:

from Russia with love again ))

season end

I much prefer this to the Bon Jovi version. Anyone help with what the tune is from 1min37sec-48sec? I know it and can't think of the name.

12 hours ago, daveo said:

I much prefer this to the Bon Jovi version. Anyone help with what the tune is from 1min37sec-48sec? I know it and can't think of the name.

it's "Escrava Isaura" - Brazilian TV series, main theme

1 hour ago, romansun said:

it's "Escrava Isaura" - Brazilian TV series, main theme

Apparently that's called Rogério Machado by Retirantes, and apparently you're pranking me lol

1 hour ago, daveo said:

Apparently that's called Rogério Machado by Retirantes, and apparently you're pranking me lol

mmmm.... my bad... sorry

of course, it's Lambada )) 

p.s. well, there is also Brazil too ))))

Edited by romansun

3 hours ago, romansun said:

mmmm.... my bad... sorry

of course, it's Lambada )) 

p.s. well, there is also Brazil too ))))

Yes! That's it! Ahhh now my mind can rest. Thank you friend!

Hey, the season isn't over in the East!!!

I broke two ribs racing on skis at the NASTAR Nationals in Squaw Valley on April 6th.  I didn't want to end my season that way.

howdy

just noticed all the "Kagayaking" videos are no more... I am sad... terminated from youtube… WHY!!!... bummer...

Video unavailable

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

howdy

I hope you all are having a great fun fourth of july… this got uploaded today... watching these in the summer helps ease the pain...

• Like 1

howdy

can't believe i'm having foot issues again and have been sitting at home for over a week now.

I hope it doesn't effect me in the winter... watching these vids now make me wonder if I can

pull off another hard riding season... more softboot girls from rama… 07-30-19...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bobdea
      They really friggin’ hurt.
      really though other than that.
      i have a new set of drivers, I like them, sort of. They are better than the old malamutes.
      So, for a long time most high end boots came in one of two configurations either a hinge type that works better but they are much softer or like the driver where to flex forward it forces the boot to deform this crushes the foot, that shit hurts and it’s because the driver has no hinge. 
      It looks like it’s still this way with most brands.. 
      I’ve had a couple sets of 32s and Burtons that hinge, this is a better design, why the hell cant they just build one with a stiffer tongue? 
      Anyone have an answer to that? 
      Pictured is a hinged design.. I actually forgot I had these boots. 

• By piusthedrcarve
      I wrote reviews of this board in following thread.  It was interesting experience to test a board that is constructed with partial new technologies (carbon beams, titanal laminated, kevlar layers). The board is made for specifically Korean softboot carving market, which is getting popular recent years.  

In my opinion, this construction and shape allow non-hardboot experience softbooters to really get into 'carving' without penalties from conventional mass-market all mountain/carving decks.  its similarity of flex, sidecut radius, and decambered nose with 'normal' softboot snowboards surely make them comfortable to learn and excel with this board. I know one colleague who started alpine snowboarding with a proper modern alpine deck few years ago but he has been in quiet struggle.  Now with this deck (shorter version), he rides quiet comfortable and progresses  his way toward alpine snowboarding. 
      Intrigued by its constructions, I got this last month from Korea and test rode 3 days (3-4 hours/day).  Its condition is like new.  (White smudges on the photo are from my hands). The base is covered with wax.  SOLD
      Here are my postings for spec. and its characteristics.

• By Martin W
      If you're looking at this you probably know all about the legendary quality and performance of Donek snowboards.  Each 'board is custom built IN THE U.S.A.
      Sadly, I moved away from the Tahoe area the year I bought this (2014), so it has never been ridden.  I paid $790 for this 'board with shipping; and the 2017-2018 price is $840 (with shipping).
      I wanted a carving 'board, but I wasn't going to race and I didn't want to invest in a hard boot / plate binding set up.  The Donek Razor is a carving 'board that is designed to be ridden in soft boots, so it was a perfect match for what I wanted.
      You can find more about this model at the Donek Website:
      www.donek com/product/razor/
      I weigh about 180 lbs and am an advanced intermediate snowboarder.  I was looking for something that was FAST, fun and easy on groomed runs.  I wanted to recapture the feel of my 1987 Sims 1710 Blade.  The only custom change I made was to reduce the waist to 25.0 cm, rather than the 25.5 cm standard design.  This was to enhance the rail-to-rail turn performance.  This width also easily accommodated my US mens size 11 boots.  If your boots are much larger, this may be too narrow for you, depending on your stance.
      I can ship the 'board to any place in the continental U.S. for about $40-$70, depending on your location.  This will be 2-4 day delivery with tracking and delivery confirmation via USPS Priority Mail.  Payment would be via PayPal.
      if you're interested, you can contact me via text: 530 570 5932 or e-mail: Martin.Wallace.home@gmail.com or Switch.Snowboarding@gmail.com.  I am new to this forum, but I have been selling on eBay - and have a 100% positive seller's record - for well over as decade as SWITCH_SNOWBOARDING and CALIFORNIA_AU.
      Here's the blurb from the Donek Website:
      The Razor is a carving board designed to be ridden in soft boots. It boasts all of the materials and technology that we use in the construction of our race boards, with a tuned flex and sidecut combo optimized for carving it up in soft boots.

• By klam
      Stiff and in MINT condition.... worn once in my room to break them in. Size 8.5 mens. $200 CAN obo, buyer pays shipping

• By klam
      Good Condition. Everything is there. Will need some mounting screws. $150 CAN obo, buyers pays shipping

• By starcarver
      This board is in mint new condition $200
      Softboot Carving to POW..A true do-it-all board
      Sidecut - one of a kind sidecut for grip and control Length (cm): 169 Effective Edge (cm): 128.5 Tip/Tail Width (cm): N/A Waist Width (cm): 25.5 Sidecut (m): 9.3/8.3/8.5/8/9.
      Solitude hybrid camber snowboard is the choice of legendary pro, Mike Basich
      Features Include
      Whisky X - x4 Titanal plates underneath your bindings which accurately direct pressure to your boards contact points when you need it most. This means less wastage and a more aggressive, incredibly stable and extremely responsive ride.
      Whiskey Bars - Carbon strips that create torsional stiffness and dramatically reduce chatter across lumpy snow.
      Biax Glass - A biax layup means torsionally smooth flex with a nice and forgiving performance when you need it.
      PDT Sidecut - A 3 phase sidecut that means extreme maneuverability in tight situations, but incredible stability at speed.
      Reflex Core - Another great core from Flow that is smooth and features different flex zones to deliver an incredible ride
      Steel Edges - Fully wrapped for quality
      The Lowdown
      Rider Profile: Intermediate / Advanced
      Mountain Profile: Freeride , Big mountain freestyle
      Camber Profile: Pow-Rock Read More
      Shape: Directional Read More
      Base: Sintered 4000 Read More
      Flex: Responsive

• By starcarver
      New Burton SLX Snowboard Boots Size 12 Mondo 30    $250
      New Burton SLX boots 2016 
      Burton's top of the line best seller
      8-10 stiffness and support.
      The one day I tried them, was with the Flow NX2-GT binding it was almost like riding a hard boot set up. 

Used only one day 5 runs 

Practically new

Size 12 Mondo 30