Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

13 hours ago, jtslalom said:

Crazy as this may seem but I don't do anything. My Ride softboot bindings have inward cants. Basically they cant so that my knees get closer together while I ride. Other than that I have no heel or toe lifts.

Yep, that does seem crazy. You basically can't increase your stance width because of lack of lift with those angles. Think Vetruvian Man. You'll be able to increase your stance width if you use some lift. Power plates, unicant or cc fixed 7deg all come to mind... 

Back on topic... 

Edited by daveo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, west carven said:

howdy

one of my favorite rider... miho kawai… tiny dancer...

I love that she is so small her foot size to board width ratio makes it look like she is riding the equivalent of an ultra wide. Also anyone notice that compared to the korean girls in previous video she actually has some muscle to her legs and looks to be much more comfortable in being able to manipulate the board rather than being along for the ride so to speak.

1 minute ago, pokkis said:

Why it should huge? I tested Paula's RXR with 9m radius, and carved nice big turns also

Seems like he is putting his body into it and it is turning quite large. I assume that it is not way too stiff to him...

hi guys
in the north of Russia there is a great team of boarders - petelki.pro team ("loops" on russian) and snowboard school

boards (mostly): Donek Incline

and here's another video -  about 25-30 degrees angle, only closed turn ))

https://vk.com/video-132317349_456239037

and other school videos:

https://vk.com/videos-132317349

• Like 2