Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

On 11/11/2018 at 11:45 AM, scottishsurfer said:

Rama's style is pretty much what I hope to emulate one day not sure if I'll ever get there but it's fun trying ☺️

Anyway else see he has a signature flux xf binding colour way now I'm guessing it's Japan only since it isn't on the English website which also missed the xv ltd2 that he sometimes rides.

I’m a big fan of Rama too, I saw he posted those signature XF bindings. It’s too bad they seem to be Japanese market only.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, scottishsurfer said:

Friend of mines who switched from softs with high positive angles to hards had to narrow his stance way way up so im not suprised to be honest.

I found a hammerhead style deck on the rack of my local snowboard shop’s consignment stock. No one seems to know anything about it, except that a world-traveling snowboard photographer brought it in. 

I’m sorely tempted to get it. I ride softs a lot more often than my hard set ups these days, but these riders look as though it’s a real hybrid stance...as wide as a freestyle park stance, but angled more like a hard boot set up. 

It looks to me, that with their stance as wide as that, there’s less ability to flex and extend, and alter the pressure on the deck, therefore it’s much easier to tilt it and carve. I guess I’ll find out when I get it all set up! 

A7D7EBD5-3C41-4A7C-AA9F-B49F3A3522E4.jpeg

6 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

i remember seeing in one of the shim hoon videos it listed the riders angles and stance width at the bottom and alot of them were 60cm wide stance which is wider than the reference stance on my sg soul 159xt 56cm and thats a board designed for taller guys with big feet

I’m going to have to hunt for that. 60cm! Wow...and I bet they’re not tall either. 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of blowing my own horn but since donek liked it enough to share some of you guys might like this little clip.

https://www.instagram.com/doneksnowboards/p/Br_K_LTFKcn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jcosm2ockobh

Hopefully at some point my season will start north America seems to have nicked all our snow so far this season.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...