Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

12 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Burton has no intention of moving toward Carving equipment...in fact I can no longer even use their gear to make my 3 straps or even turn the angles to 45 degrees...not to mention the removal of the Supermodel from their line a number of years ago...

Just FYI. It would be so easy for Burton to stiffen these boots and eliminate the need for a third strap. They've integrated a large plastic peice, a quasi highback in the boot, that makes the third point of comtact under the highback. If this piece was just a little larger and much stiffer these boots would be carve ready.

Edited by lonbordin
Moar better

howdy slopestar and neil gendzwill

if you know who rama is then you would know how good he is. this is rama having fun and pushing

the limits of this floppy board. his riding skills will make you look like a girl gaper. pure power that you two

will not even come close. you can not judge a rider on one vid...  please post vids of your riding...

22 minutes ago, west carven said:

if you know who rama is then you would know how good he is. this is rama having fun and pushing

the limits of this floppy board. his riding skills will make you look like a girl gaper. pure power that you two

will not even come close. you can not judge a rider on one vid...  please post vids of your riding...

@west carven Why would you attack fellow BOL members because they're critical of the riding in a video you posted?

One does not have to be a "better" rider to be able to critique form, riding or whether you like the video or not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i.e. it's subjective.

Edited by lonbordin
Seriously "girl" what's this 1950?!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, west carven said:

I'm at 1:05-2:30. Ruroc. 1st run of the day on a mountain I've never been to. At Copper. I'm a sea level dweller. So altitude and not really knowing where I was going was making things interesting. It's not a competition but I do feel that I'm a competent rider. 

Why don't you be the judge

• 2 weeks later...

Two things really stand out in these turns, imho;  First, the Completeness of each turn, where the rider not only Crosses the fall-line, but goes a bit Uphill, with extra energy to spare, not so easy to do in Softboots on firm groomers! The other thing is relative lack of Chatter!:ices_ange This, in softboots, means the rider is especially well balanced, BUT, Also!, controlling fore-to-aft pressures with not just hip positioning, but, Down at the Lower Leg as he goes!! :cool:

That would be resultant of correct Highback settings, as I've noted, quite often, even...:AR15firin

I would Love to ride with these guys, but, I'd need a translator along, as well..!  :confused:  :argue: :biggthump

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR