Note to New Members ×

What are you doing to stop glove abuse?

queequeg

9 hours ago, Smilin'Dave said:

Have you ever heard of this site?  They seem super sketchy to me.  

No security what-so-ever!  No SSL/TLS (i.e., HTTPS) on their web site. Even though they claim in their privacy policy, "128 bit encrypted SSL..."   It then goes on to read:

Our site uses a 128 bit encrypted SSL to increase the security of our customer’s information. However, we are not guarantee complete security on stored information, however, we have installed and applied our encrypted pages and installed our SSL certificate to prevent stolen information.

Seriously?!  

Buyer beware.  I would seriously suggest staying away from such an online retailer. 

• 7 months later...

Was all set to try the new Snow Raider, which appeared to fixed the biggest problem I had with the old pair I had, which was the seams on the palm.  I've emailed the guy again for an update just to make sure.

Guess I'll try the Kombi Ferrous glove now.  Seamless Bison leather palm, cordura everywhere else.  Looks promising, luckily my size was only $45 on amazon.

DeWalt DPG750 looks interesting.  Maybe not warm enough for January though.

I also use Kincos as a stop-gap.  They are warm and super durable, just the design isn't ideal for me.  I like a gauntlet style glove to protect my jacket sleeve.

On a whim last year I bought a pair of Burton's "Warmest Glove" because they were available at the mountain and I needed something immediately.  I figured Burton has a good warranty if they fail, and I get a season pass discount at this store.  Well they did, inside of a month.  And now the warranty pair is failing.  I'm going to return them again and rhetorically ask if they make any gloves that are durable.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:42 PM, Smilin'Dave said:

I used a pair of these with the Kevlar tips and palm. I try not to touch of course but when I did with this, I might as well had a palm of 80 grit sandpaper on my hand... yikes! I’ll stick with smooth sliding leather. Been using some 5-finger burton AK’s for years. A pair of kinco for spring use... that’s all.