Note to New Members ×

LDP in SW Denver

slopestar

• 8 months later...

First off, Thanks b.free for that info.  Next time I visit the clan in Colorado, I'll check it out.

2nd, and disturbingly, I've been out 3 days-in-a-row on a longboard skateboard, {out in the Street, not just a sheltered park, or parking garage!} as we've had an early spring thaw here in the Northeast. It's been somewhat fun, and somewhat scary (puddles, dirt/salt, and finding oneself in a traffic lane to avoid such!), and it's the earliest I've skated after a snow ever here. If I were Teaching fulltime, as I did 15 years ago, I'd be very worried about my profession, and it's future.  Does Greenland have any resorts? Are they melting out, too?:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, slopestar said:

Been working downtown recently and the weather is awesome. May do some local LDP heading south out of downtown and back Friday after work. I have not touched my skate since moving here and I'm excited to get back on the road!

Lance, where to? Cherry creek trail?!

Might join you.

• 1 year later...

Wiped the winter dust off my pumping board and took it around the block. Felt awesome until my rear tracker RTS reversed kingpin popped out... I have a back up. Just happy I wasn't 10 miles out with a hanger not attached

Edited by slopestar

2 hours ago, slopestar said:

Sounds like a fun time Mario. Perhaps meet at Confluence Park on an early weekend morning. Head south a a few miles. Breakfast somewhere then a slight down hill all the way back?

Good chance I will need  a bit of tutoring/tormentoring, I can pump my bike, and my snowboard a bit,  but little or no pumping experience on my skate

got out for about an hour and half this morning. got some work to do. going to try and get out a few times in the neighborhood. One of the toughest things to get used to was the sub 2meter sidecut on my skate.  Almost launched me a few times.

3 hours ago, big mario said:

One of the toughest things to get used to was the sub 2meter sidecut on my skate.  Almost launched me a few times.

LOL! So true! Kinda fun at sidewalk speeds though. 

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 6:58 AM, slopestar said:

We aren’t able to go this morning. My deck project has me in its grips. At 24’x14’ my wife Katie calls it Moby Deck... it’s big especially for my first attempt at a proper deck. Let’s set a date and meet up?!

Am I the only one who initially read that wrong and thought, 24" X 14" seems really short and wide for an LDP deck, or any kind of skatebaord deck.

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, slopestar said:

We aren’t able to go this morning. My deck project has me in its grips. At 24’x14’ my wife Katie calls it Moby Deck... it’s big especially for my first attempt at a proper deck. Let’s set a date and meet up?!

I have a few projects going on at the moment as well, and this triple digit heat is severiously harshing my mellow, and making it hard to get out for post work playing, I just want to hide in the ac in the evening.  booked up for Saturday punch list stuff, and sunday mtb ride. any chance for a parking lot pumping sesh, say Thursday night? name the place and time and I'll make it, temps will be dropping, but there is a chance of some monsoon moisture moving in

mario