Note to New Members ×

2017 Nakiska Expression Session

Allee

• 5 weeks later...

Gentlemen...  This is a bump for Revelstoke Mountain Resort.  Four seasons carving here and I have yet to see another real hardbooter on the mountain, except for a few who occasionally ride my loaner boards and some rare phantom splitboarders.  There is a ton of groomed mellow blue runs on the lower mountain.  I mean a ton...  The groomers do a great job and there's always so much corduroy going to waste every day.  I just can't continue to thrash it all by myself: my legs can't sustain this level of abuse and no one else heredad3.png knows how to carve a deep trench.  So come down here and check it out.  Help me destroy the corduroy!

The low mountain is not open yet as we still need more snow down here, but the upper mountain has a near record base for this time of year.   The terrain up there is quite rolling, with some very steep sections and many quick changes in terrain, but as the snow fills it in over the winter the rolling hilliness gives way to more consistent, excellent carving terrain.  They groom some very steep pitches up high, and some perfect practice runs down low.  5500 vertical feet, all of it carvable in season, no mandatory traversing, and very extensive grooming.

Don't be intimidated.  Carve Revy.  And hit me up if you're gonna be here.  It would be my pleasure to show you the goods, maybe even loan you a Coiler and help you find some cheap accommodation.

Does anyone know what's going on with Gold Chair at Nakiska? Someone was saying this morning that it's going to be down for five weeks? Ugh ... although I guess it was nice that RCR made the Nakiska season pass valid at all the other resorts until the 24th. I think I'll head to KH on the 23rd, being that it's free and all ...

Edited by Allee

I was there today and spoke with guest services about the Gold chair. They said it will be down for an additional  week or two, so take that for what you will. My guess is at least two weeks. I doesn't matter anyway, the snow is absolute garbage. Death cookies everywhere, it was like riding on gravel. 

They said they hope to have the entire bottom half of the mountain open next week for all the little parasites, but they might as well have mowers out on North Axe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gold Chair was running yesterday at Nakiska. groomers were a little lumpy, but upper mountain snow is hard packed and not icy.  lower mountain is much harder and approaching icy.  Gold chair was down due to a maintenance error and a bad cable cut.  they needed to order in 900m of new cable to fix the issue.  all good now.