Note to New Members ×

Advice on F2 Titaniums.

I'm trying to find two pairs of F2's Titaniums in medium. So far I've sourced one, but all that's available everywhere I look, are large.

Now the smallest they'll go is mondo 26.5, which is my boot size. (Head Stratos Pro) What concerns me is that I won't be able to get them tight enough, and I plan to use them to race, so I'm concerned that under pressure, they may release.

Ideally I'd like to hear only from people with the same boot size as me, who have tried a large binding, and can confirm either way, whether it's a safe option.

Thanks for your help!

Problem with using a binding that's on the upper or lower limit of the boot size is that the boot would have to be dead centered on the binding. This doesn't necessarily allow for boot to be centered across the board's width or to have a desired bias.

I'd stick to medium with 26.5 boot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you buy a US made product that would last you forever from someone who cares about their product and customer and supports you with good service spare parts and an opportunity to demo their goods ?????

Shoosh, let them spend money on our side of the border ;)

Kidding aside, it's personal preference. Some people like burly and complicated, some people like simple and lighter. F2 still seems to be preferred by majority of racers.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueB
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't you buy a US made product that would last you forever from someone who cares about their product and customer and supports you with good service spare parts and an opportunity to demo their goods ?????

Although I know Bomber make an excellent product, I am racing and don't require the precision of the Trenchdiggers, which are outstanding on smooth surfaces. I need some leeway and I will be riding ruts...

I understand that, but having tried a medium and seeing where my boot needs to be, ( more towards the heel than the toe to be actually centered), this can't happen when the toe and heel pieces both have to be moved to their smallest adjustment, to hold the boot securely. See BlueB's post above...he's absolutely right.

Anyway, since this discussion started, a second person has contacted me with several mediums, so I'm good now...thanks all!

remember that you can turn the binding plate 90deg to center the boot over the board as well, though this does remove the fore-aft binding position flexibility.

if you're fortunate enough to have a stance that matches the inserts though, that's fine.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

^^good advice^^ 1st saw it used by racers and thought, "hey, that's not how you mount those", and then learned that some people need to and there's no rule says you can't.

I just got a new pair of F2 titaniums. Nice built in lateral play, similar to what Sidewinders were trying to reproduce. 

1st ride today I had trouble making a carved turn, looked down and my forward toe was not over the edge of the board. When I got to the bottom I found the heel block had moved back and I could lift my foot out without unclipping!

I knew what it was right away because I had seen this happen to a racer at RTTC a couple of weeks ago and had it happen on my first F2 bindings 30 yrs ago. There is a locking nut that captures the other end of the screw that adjusts the sliding blocks. This can fall off unnoticed and then simple pressure can move the block and screw out.

Really like my sidewinders. Never had a failure, and no fiddling around customizing heel & toe blocks for lift & cant. 

***Update..................^^^^Never say never^^^^ Next time out, broke a heel bail on my old sidewinders.

They were SW prototypes, about 10 years old, and likely saw some rough use racing before I got them.