Note to New Members ×

Bend it....

dredman

On 1/25/2019 at 3:34 PM, queequeg said:

What kind of gloves you got there Jack?

I don’t even know! @bigwavedave got them for me at his local home improvement store because I asked him about his. Since then I have noticed them at general stores here in Maine alongside Kinco gloves, but they’re not Kinco. They’re pretty good although on east coast conditions I am already into the Gorilla Tape. I think these are them:

Edit - previous link was for the wrong glove.  I think these look like a closer match:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G53T569/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?th=1&psc=1

Edited by Jack M
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, queequeg said:

What kind of gloves you got there Jack?

They have mitts for cold weather too. I've got 4 yrs on the mitts and 3 on the gloves. Discovered quickly that treating them with SnoSeal (beeswax) and using a heat gun to force it into the leather not only waterproofs them, but protects them from abrasion with a slick waxy surface. It also darkens the leather. I treat them at the beginning of each season. They are often on sale for $12 later in the season. They are super warm too.

IMG_3157.JPG.f22e16012deed6a44b5e984889052f04.JPG

Of course, I ride a lot on man-made snow, only get out about 30-40 days/yr, and only put my hand on the snow in about 1/3rd of my turns, so nothing like the abuse Jack puts on his gloves. All previous fabric gloves I've had (codura, etc) would start to fray half way through their first season.

I'm wearing my then new mitts in two of my "bend it" photos from 4  yrs ago here: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never Summer ads from back in the day.  Found on the Never Summer Facebook page.

never_summer_95.png

Flex test anyone? This ad is from Snowboader Mag in 1995. Owner Tracey is showcasing the flexibility of our snowboards out in front of the old Paris Street location. At the time of this picture we had been manufacturing boards for 4 years! The board is our twin model.
Awesome quote from ad "It is built in our factory and is stronger than yours"!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...