Note to New Members ×

Blue Knob?

piusthedrcarve

• 2 years later...

I've never been to Blue Knob. Rumor has it the place is a bit rough around the edges. This is coming from my local skier pals. Based on what Ive read at the ski report sites and based on a few dusty old threads over at DCSki, it appears that BK some of the tallest/steepest runs in PA. Sounds like the local advanced skiers really dig this place when there's ample snow coverage. But all accounts seem to agree that they have limited snowmaking capabilities. I vaguely recall that Blue Knob has changed hands a couple of times in the past decade. If I had good reason to believe that snow conditions at Blue Knob were decent on a day when I was headed out to another nearby hill then I'd definitely be willing to put in some extra drive time to check it out. I'm remembering now that about 10 years ago (right after I had moved back to DC from being in the northern rockies) I had made plans to go to BK with some coworkers. One of them grew up skiing BK. When my pals picked me up the morning of the outing they said that snow conditions weren't right for BK and so we ended up going to Whitetail instead. 

• 2 years later...