Note to New Members ×

ECES 2016 Kick-off Thread

AlexJ

post-144-0-57899700-1445694802_thumb.jpg

It’s finally here…the official ECES kickoff thread!  Dates are set for Feb. 22-26, 2016, at Stratton Mountain, Vermont.  This is the largest gathering of carvers on the east and we’ll be tearing up some of the best, groomed terrain that Stratton has to offer.  ECES is a non-competitive event that is open to anyone interested in alpine snowboarding.  All ages and abilities are welcome.  What makes the ECES unique is that it is run by a small team of fellow carvers that have no industry ties, they just love to carve and want to share the experience.

We’ve got special group rates available to all East Coast Expression Session attendants, as in the past. Stratton will hold rooms for us through 1/21/16, so don’t wait too long to book your stay.  After that, there are no guarantees for these rates.  To book accommodations, YOU MUST CALL (no online booking).  Call 1-800-STRATTON (787-2886) and state that you are with “East Coast Expression Session”.

Lift & Lodging Details

Lift & lodging packages at both properties below includes 1 night lodging, 1 day lift ticket, all taxes and services.  Rates are good 2/21/16-2/26/16.

Black Bear Lodge (includes continental breakfast)

2 people - $116.78pp

3 people - $103.63pp

4 people - $97.05pp

Long Trail (1 bedroom)

2 people - $148.63pp

3 people - $126.64pp

4 people - $115.65pp

Long Trail (2 bedroom):

2 people - $183.11pp

3 people - $139.55pp

4 people - $117.77pp

5 people - $110.75pp

6 people - $106.07

For those of you that do not need accommodations, you can purchase lift tickets only, at the following rates.  Lift tickets cannot be purchased direct through Stratton reservations, and the pricing below is ONLY VALID for the event dates.  Please stay tuned for more detail about purchasing tickets only.

Ticket type                         Adult                     Young Adult       Junior

1 day midweek                 $59                         $51                         $45

2 day midweek                 $97                         $87                         $76

3 day midweek                 $121                       $108                       $94

4 day midweek                 $139                       $123                       $108

5 day midweek                 $159                       $141                       $123

1 day Saturday                  $79                         $67                         $57

2 day Sat/Sun                    $142                       $120                       $103

1 day Sunday                     $68                         $58                         $49

**Please note these group rates are not available online***

Information regarding the AWESOME banquet will be available soon, so stay tuned by subscribing to this thread and “like” East Coast Expression Session on Facebook.

The time has come to get into the carve!  Make plans to attend the most kick-ass carving event in the East. 

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us through the ECES Event email account at:

eastcoastexpressionsession@gmail.com

post-144-0-36059100-1445694917_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlexJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there will be a banquet. It will be Thursday night. pricing and menu are being worked out know and should be posted in a few weeks. but it wil be very much inline with what we have done in past years. (See 2014 post)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, one of our Canadian friends had to bow out and will no longer be able to attend ECES this season. While we cannot replace his presence, we do have room in accommodations already booked and planned and would like to be able to get his commitment funds back to him. if you are looking for a place and had not made a commitment yet, Sunday night through Thursday morning, we will be in an off-mountain house 10 mins from the base and Thursday night, staying in Long Trail for the night(this would include your voucher for Friday riding).

If you're interested in more details, PM me.

Bonz

Hi all,  Not sure if this is the proper forum for this question.

I've ridden for ~20yrs (softbooter) and always wanted to try hardbooting as carving is my favorite aspect of riding.  I will be in VT (Killington) during this time (Monday 2/22) and wanted to know if there will be opportunity to demo/try an alpine setup for the day.  Not sure if this is the best way to get into alpine.  Let me know what you guys think.  Seems there is limited opportunity for Alpine rentals on the East Coast.  Would this be the best bet for a first timer?  

TIA for any reply/advice for a newbie

where on LI.  I live on the south shore, in Brightwaters.  The ECES will be at Stratton during that time.  I saw it here on the forum that there will be some demo gear there as well.  Might be worth the trip over to Stratton for a day or two to check it out.  I have some plate bindings and some boots that you might be able to use, (size?) should be able to find a board too.  It's older gear, but if you want to try to see how it feels, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...