Note to New Members ×

Another nice day in the "office", yesterday :) 

I managed to get 4 early morning runs with the crew, before I headed to the 2 hour private with Patrick A's girlfriend. The rest of the crew rode up til 11:30ish, when the crowds became too much... 

My toy for the morning was the OES Sputnik 178, aka "Spanish Fly". 

Crew: B, Liz, Patrick, Roy, Sasha, Luka, Rod, Ben, Dan, Yoshi with family. 

Tonight and tomorrow we'll have some snowfall, 10-20cm. Tomorrow might be the last good day for riding this week, rain to follow... 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just finishing lunch at Cypress - puttine with pulled pork. Highly recommended!

Day turned out ok, snow and rain stoped by the time I got here. 3 cm overnight. Very few people. Variable viz but never a whiteout. Funny feeling sticky snow.

Brought ATV and OES SL. The later one handled the conditions better. I did bazillion runs in 2.5 hours.

We are heading into very wet weather now. Friday might be a bit better, then only next week back to snowy conditions...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueB

you guys are old. 

i'm going to sell my prior atv 167 (going to go with a softboot all terrain setup this year); if there's anyone local interested, let me know, otherwise will throw an ad up on bomber. will also be unloading a set of td3's; perhaps a set of f2 ti's as well. haven't figured out prices yet, just putting out feelers for now.

cheers guys!

ok, figured out what i'm doing with gear. looking for $350cad for the ATV. going to keep the f2's for the moment (mounted on the kessler; not going to let that go quite yet, the sweet thing that it is). flogging 2 sets of TD3's however. will go $250cad/pr for locals. will list in the classifieds if there's no immediate interest here. US exchange is favorable for such things. 

boris - still curious about the palmer risers. which ones are they, and what do you want for them?

cheers,

p.

ps - local snow forecast does not look good. ugh. 

Sorry I forgot to answer when you first asked. They are 10 mm. I might also have a pair of fancy gray ones, I forgot what are they called.

I was going to offer you raisers and Nidecker Carbon 800 bindings with spare highbacks for the F2s...

Just wrapping it up here at Cypress... There was a lot if rain damage over the last few days. Luckily it started snowing this morning, a lot at times. At the lodge elevation it can not quite decide to rain or snow, but already 50 m up the slope it's just wet snow. Viz is mediocre, changing too.

Panorama was closed, I assume to preserve snow for the weekend. Few big marked holes on lower Panorama.

Weapon of the day was F2 ElDiablo.

Apparently lots of snow coming tomorrow with 25-30 km of wind...

I'll go on Sunday again, weather permitting.

Edited by BlueB

Wow, that huge snow yesterday didn't improve the conditions much. It seems that the rain flowed last night :(

This morning was quite miserable, viz on and off, quite dense at the times, rain on and off too.

Panorama is like a mine field with huge hikes, all marked though. JJA us slightly better. Lowe Panorama crappy too. Run of the day was the Easy Rider with better viz and snow. Bottom left access to loft was closed for lack of snow.

We really need all that cold and snow on forecast from Wednesday...

we were up on sat with the kids (my son has decided to ditch the skis for a board this year, so we're back on the bunny slopes). was snowing pretty nicely in the am, but getting progressively heavier at mid-day. good to get out, regardless. hoping for colder temps!

random - i picked up a rossignol experience (essentially the jeremy jones model renamed after he left); evidently I don't like magnatraction (at least the aggressive version it uses) - put the board on it's side and the edge is noticeably slow. Those serrations really seem to dig in, and not in a carve conducive manner. up on CL it goes. 

Edited by xy9ine

Nice day at Cypress today! Some fresh snow, sunny. Softened up towards lunch. More snow expected as of tonight. :)

Sky Chair is scheduled to open, they were spinning it already.

My next ride will be Sunday.

75cm in 24 hrs, of our prime coastal pow... I men chowder, came down on Cypress. Big crowd from the early morning. Alas, only one of the big lifts was open all the rest snowed under until lunch time :(

My brave dad, aka skier with no knees, came from Europe yesterday and already hit the mountain with us today!

Crew: Rod, Sasha, Gary, Patrick A, Tony, John, Yoshi, Žira, me...

My weapon of choice, and 2 others, the 3800! I forgot how noodly is the nose, I have to mount it even further back next time...

We called it a day after lunch.

Edited by BlueB

Yesterday was a great carving day, sunny and packed, no ice. I had only 2 runs before the lessons...
Pure Carve Maverick was my toy. ..
Lots of snow to come down today and tomorrow and as far as the forecast can see :)
I might head up tomorrow, again.

Edited by BlueB

Sorry I forgot to answer when you first asked. They are 10 mm. I might also have a pair of fancy gray ones, I forgot what are they called.

I was going to offer you raisers and Nidecker Carbon 800 bindings with spare highbacks for the F2s...

what size are the nideckers? i bought some size large burton diodes; turns out they're too big for my sz 10 boots, and get too much heel overhang. really light tho. 

what size are the nideckers? i bought some size large burton diodes; turns out they're too big for my sz 10 boots, and get too much heel overhang. really light tho. 

Not sure what they are marked as, probably medium? They worked just fine with my 8.5 boots.

Very nice day at Cypress, today! There was a 3 hr window of high cloud and great vis. Lots of fresh snow. More people then you'd expect on a week day.

Sky opened at about 11am. Excellent conditions up there, with some untouched stashes.

I also chased sashes around Lions and got myself in an area I never tried to go through, too steep and with nearly impenetrable trees. Moons ax nd slash were pretty good though. Lower parts had snow with more moisture az nd it's starting to compact yo much harder.

Not too bad around Eagle either...

Today's toy: 3800.

I think the Raven might open tomorrow. Stay out of Black Fly, Black on Black and Meteor, it looked still pretty rocky. Although, with all the snow on forecast, it might be good for the weekend.

Ok, see you all on Sunday.

Edited by BlueB

27th - a SPECTACULAR pow day.

Scoob and me brought swallies. Fresh tracks on Meale Ricker, JJA, Crazy Raven, Koyote... The last one was simply great, it remained undiscovered pretty much until we started riding it. Benny's was ok too. Meteor rideable, soft crud, some shrubs, no people.

We met Patrick later on.

Huge traffic mess on the way out...

post-776-0-08108800-1451358105_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueB