Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2016 - January 15-17

Riceball

Steve, big thanks to you and everyone else who was involved in making this happen.  I finally made it out to my first ever session on Friday and had a blast.  The gentleman in fluorescent pants and red jacket (sorry did not get his name) spent quite a bit of his time helping me with my technique.  The tips he provided will definitely help me take the next step forward in my learning.   Looking forward to next year already.

Dong

Steve, big thanks to you and everyone else who was involved in making this happen.  I finally made it out to my first ever session on Friday and had a blast.  The gentleman in fluorescent pants and red jacket (sorry did not get his name) spent quite a bit of his time helping me with my technique.  The tips he provided will definitely help me take the next step forward in my learning.   Looking forward to next year already.

Dong

You're most welcome Dong. I'm glad you found the session helpful to your riding and met some new fellow carvers.

Man, I want to see those, because that was one EPIC crash.

You and I have different definitions of epic, I think.  Aside from being caught on film, that one wasn't even worth mentioning over beers in the bar.

Check on the Facebook group, Jamieson posted a short video of Steve and Urst carving some nice lines.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

Check on the Facebook group, Jamieson posted a short video of Steve and Urst carving some nice lines.

Link for the Facespace luddites?  

I can also confirm that Steve is brave.  Looking through that big lens, I was pretty sure I was going to be hit multiple times when shooting.  Things appear a lot closer than they are!  

Haha, that's more about trust!  

On that last run on Gold chair when you were headed straight at me before hucking into a heelside, I was zoomed all the way out and you filled the viewfinder and then some.  But your carve was 15-20' away once I put the camera down and looked.  It's just a crazy feeling!  

Stole all these off Steve's Facebook post and threw them up on Imgur for general viewing.

Allee, nice heelside!

3obMLU6.jpg

Urst, killing it all weekend!

kimgYkf.jpg

Steve, bending the shit out of his board.

ayEIIv7.jpg

Steve again, low and smooth.

o9l5fFy.jpg

Corey, working on his "weak" toeside.

yFvJlTD.jpg

Me, showing off the mirrored look.

Rfum7I3.jpg

Dave, strong heelside.

3clP3JG.jpg

Me again, checking out the new Coiler.

V3joneX.jpg

Edited by Neil Gendzwill