Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session (NES) 2016 - January 15-17

Riceball

Here are the dates for the 2016 Nakiska Expression Session.

Friday, January 15, 2016.

Saturday, January 16, 2016.

Sunday, January 17, 2016.

Every January a group of Canadian snowboard carvers get together and congregate at a Nakiska, ski hill in Kananaskis Country, Alberta.  This hill is where the 1988 Olympic Alpine events took place.  The Naksiska Expression Session (NES) is in it's 8th year and sees riders from all over western Canada attend.  Steve (Riceball) Recsky coordinates the event, takes photos and opens his home to everyone on Saturday night for picture/video viewing, pizza and beer.  If you are interested in attending this hard-booter event, you can contact Riceball via the Bomberonline Forum, email, cell phone or just show up and ride!

Spread the word! 

Edited by Riceball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to hijack the NES thread, but just wanted to point out that NICE is at Schweitzer from Monday January 18 - Sunday January 24, giving the potential for two killer 3-day weekends, or one legendary week off. It would be great to see some folks from Alberta represent!

Event thread on the ride board: http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/42307-nice-2016/

More importantly, here are the rub in pics from last year: http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/41048-nice-2015-schweitzer-rub-in/

• 1 month later...

According to Facebook and other replies, the following are attending:

- Allison

- Freddy

- Angus

- Alaina

- Kris

- Steve S

- Raju

- David W

- Leslie

- Ann

- Neil

- Ryan

- James

- Gary

- Steve R

- Corey

Maybes are:

- David S

- Ryan F

- Wally

- Mark

- Matt

A new new ride, Neil? I thought you and your Nirvana were still in the honeymoon phase :-)

It's a replacement for my old glass AM, which I sold a couple of months ago.  I wanted something shorter and better suited to bumps and other tight/steep conditions.  Bruce built me a 165 VSR AM with the nose extended (so it's a 167 now) and the tail more rounded and softened.  It's in the mail, hopefully should be here Monday in time for me to wax it up and bring it along.   Custom graphic this time too, hopefully it comes out as cool as I imagined it.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill