Note to New Members ×

WTF 2016

Sorry that you won't be there, K. It would have been great to see you again, but it's definitely been a rough Xmas for you.

I was at Fernie this weekend and they've got much the same conditions as you right now. I took the softie board and should have had a carver, as the groomers were perfect for it. But there were rocks and grass still sticking up off piste, and everything with a slope was getting pretty polished off

I sure hope this isn't like last year, where the snow stopped in January ...although it looks like Cuban will at least have some snow in Tahoe this year.

snowreport: mon jan 11, 2016

howdy all

wow! great groomers! got a late start this morning, got a cold from saturday night.

felt tired and wasn't going to go up, but I kinda knew it was going to be good and

it was. foggy top of ed's and moving around, groomers are getting buffed out smooth

and gets lightly skied off so stays good all day. not much people cause the powder

hounds stay home, I think they are tired of groomers, not many people are on the

off groom. so there is a snow making pile in the middle of toni matt just above the

left turn into corkscrew so I'm carving and this kid that was going too fast falls hard

as i'm in my toeside right next to me. i'm glad he did not hit me, I told the lifties to call

ski patrol, but I guess he left on his own, as I was going up the kid was gone.

I hope he was all right, he was rubbing his knees. other than that, today was really

good and I was going to stay till the end, but called it at 3pm. it was still very good

when I left...

rode the 165amt from 10 till 3...

snowreport: tue jan 12, 2016

howdy all

again a late start, coughing a bit more, but feeling ok, so up to the big. foggy top of two

and very thick and not moving much. crunchy fresh groomers and a little rime in the morning.

humid and a little wet and the snow got better as it got lightly skied off. the thick fog turned

a lot of people off and left early. I was in survival mode thru the fog and mostly cruised around.

carved hard a bit, but i'm not 100% percent, yesterday was much better. forecast for the next

couple days is a few inches of snow/rain, anything is good at this point...

rode the 165amt from 9:30 till 1...

snowreport: fri jan 15, 2016

howdy all

worked for three hours then up to the big. foggy, people leaving as I get there so

the good stuff gets cut up and bumped up. took it easy and learn to ride the softies

again. made a few runs and was surprised to see johnasmo on the summit ready

to take off, so we make a few runs and i'm trying to keep up, still good pow on john's

secret stash pow run. john's shoulder still needs to heel so I hope he doesn't fall.

there was still some pow left to hit all over the mountain. the snow making piles on

the mid toni matt got groomed down, but the lower toni still has a few more.

forecast is for more snow all day tomorrow, maybe 1 to 3 in the valley...

rode the 152flagship from 12:30 till 4...

snowreport: sat jan 16, 2016

howdy all

was on the fence as to what board to bring, go for the soft groomers or ride the

chewed up leftover pow. well, kinda of a no brainer, went for the soft groomers.

early morning was very nice and looked like the sun was going to come out, but

some weather was coming in from the west and it started to snow around noon.

tricky soft groomers, digs in deep on a hard carve and I did a endo on the edge

of the groomers where it was soft. there was the whitefish whiteout race on toni

and other areas. it got very busy by noon and chewed up so just cruised around.

good carving early then just took it easy... forecast is for some snow...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 2...

snowreport: mon jan 18, 2016

howdy all

thought it was going to be a wet one cause last night it was raining here in town.

wet heavy couple inches over groom, gets pushed around then gets packed down

like an ice rink in the high traffic areas. foggy and moves around, it wasn't too bad.

took it easy on the softies and cruised around and went all over the mountain, stayed

mostly on the groomers.

rode the 152flagship from 9:30 till 3...

snowreport: tue jan 19,2016

howdy all

this morning really thick fog, village kinda clear and top of two was one chair. I stayed

mostly on chair 2, took it easy on the first few runs just to get my legs. the snow was

really good and the groom was very good. carved a little when I could see and slowly

carved more as the fog slowly made its way up. top of two was clear by noon and as

per usual it was clear at the summit at closing. snow was a bit soft, but I would call today

"hero cords", you guys should have been here. very humid, but there was no rime.

there is a big pacific front coming this way tonight and should have some snow/rain.

a slight arm up by Friday then slowly cooler by next week.. had to call it by 2, pushed it

really hard and this old body couldn't take any more, one of the better days...

howdy shred

not a bad idea to bring a pow board or a crud carver. looks like a warm Saturday

and a little cooler mid week then warmer end of the week. I was going to take the

first week of February off to go home, but I think not, so I didn't take the last week

off so I will see what I can do. so far sat., mon., tue., thu., sat.

here's the local weather click the Kalispell 7-day forecast tab.

Welcome WTF 2016! 

I suggest you bring a pow board if you've got room.  We've been getting snow this week, and I bet it continues.  Rain in the valleys, snow in the mountains.  Should be a good WTF.

I'm not hardbooting yet, but I should be up riding softies and am game for apres ski outings.

snowreport: fri jan 22, 2016

howdy all

worked in the morning then up to the big. got on snow after 1pm and it was wet and

humid and kinda knew what to expect, chewed up wet piles and packed down on the

high traffic areas. it will be very firm down low tomorrow in the morning then some

snow about 11am. made a few runs today with the 176vsr and it felt huge, but it turns

so tight. had a hard time, but still made a few good turns, not the best condition.

see you all tomorrow at chair 2 at 9am... pray for no snow and cooler temps...

rode the 176vsr from 1 till 3...

snowreport: sat jan 23, 2016

howdy all

welcome WTF'ers!, well not the best carving conditions, but it was a nice morning

then dumping snow at noontime. super high overcast in the morning and vis was

kinda good then the light got flat as the clouds moved in. the lower half of the

mountain was icy hard, but the top half was really good. cruised around with the

crew and took it easy, was a fun day, good to see everyone again. I gotta work

tomorrow and it could be a good powder day, oh well, didn't plan it right...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 3...

Edited by west carven

Fantastic weekend. Always fun to see the WTF crew, and the conditions this weekend were stellar - great soft cruising on the back with Dan and Fred from Helena on Saturday, and then a fantastic powder day on Sunday. Legs are dying, if we get squats at Crossfit tomorrow I'm going to cry.

Have a fun week team!

snowreport: mon jan 25, 2016

howdy all

high overcast and a little fog just on the summit, soft groomers up high and better

down low. got a bit bumpy by noon, but it was very good in the early morning. rode

hard and had a great day. made a run with dr. d who was out of commission for

three years. tomorrow should be better if it doesn't snow.

snowreport: tue jan 26, 2016

howdy all

wow! great groomers and hardly anyone on the hill. foggy on top and thick at times,

but clear down low. was a fun day riding with Cuban, paul, and angry rick making

laps on toni matt and big ravine. just cruise thru the fog then carve when you can see.

wednesday should be good then maybe a meltdown Thursday and Friday with some

warm temps.

rode the 176vsr from 9 till 3...

snowreport: wed jan 27, 2016

howdy all

very humid morning, very thick fog top of two, wet heavy snow that when you

scrape it off it crumbles into icy chunks. stayed foggy all day and it didn't

move so stayed on chair 2 all morning. only saw skwalguy and met steve pro's

sister then after saw Cuban and paul just getting out from lunch after I took my

break at the summit, made a few more runs then called it. rode by myself and

rode hard, rode the 178 burton speed which I haven't ridden in a few years.

great board, but just a bit too big, a few times getting too close to the edge of

the run... forecast is a warm up the next couple of days then a cool down by

next week...

rode the 178speed from 9 till 1...

snowreport: thu jan 28, 2016

howdy all

started like it was going to be a good day, low valley fog and super high overcast.

the groom was really firm from yesterdays spring like slush. it was colder than I

thought and the groom stayed firm till the snow started at noon then the groom

softened up down low. wet snow/rain after lunch then made a few more runs.

it was rain at the baselodge when left at 3pm... Cuban, paul and me trying our

best to dig in some carves, not the best of conditions... forecast is some snow

tonight so will see if tomorrow is better...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 3...