Note to New Members ×

Big Sky April 17 - 19, 2015

johnasmo

• 2 weeks later...

Going for it; booked a condo.  Will be riding Friday and Saturday.  Pry not Sunday.  Probably be riding a $10 Burton Factory Prime 157 so I don't worry about the snow coverage.  Found it at a pawn shop a few years back.  It's been fun in the spring corn the last few days here in Whitefish.  I'll bring better gear, but it will stay in the truck unless the coverage is good.

Lonely on Lone Mountain.  The only snowboard hardboots I saw today were my own.  The coverage was safe on the north facing runs off the Ramcharger lift, but was bulletproof until about 1:00 PM because it was cold last night.  Rode a 157 Factory Prime on south east facing stuff until then.  A few more rocks on those.  Tried to go up the tram, but they had a mechanical issue shortly after I got in line so I bailed.  Super nice spring day to be out.

post-845-0-79022800-1429319639_thumb.jpg

Sorry, fredster.  I didn't check the forum this morning.  SkwalGuy (Eric) showed up today, and we hooked up for a trip up the tram;that took some time.  He was on a Monoski.  But between that and a lunch stop, I didn't start lapping the Ramcharger lift until after 2:00.  Sorry I didn't see you.

Decided to bag it on Saturday and Sunday (today).  Too many crazies.  Saw and spoke with Johnasmo for a brief minute.  I've never seen lines at the base like that and going at speed would have been suicide for me.  Did see one other hardbooter going into the lift lines.  That makes a total of 4 I've seen in 40 days on the slopes.  

Be back next year and a week or two this summer.

for one hundred and six dollars and 9 cents, I use up the whole day. I was to the top of Lone Peak triple at 9:10.hit Ram charger and Swift Current and Lone Peak till about 11 AM.no crazies and fast lines till then.cruised over to six shooter, couple runs down Merriweather nobody there pretty good snow.lunched atop of Ramcharger, spent the rest of the day cutting through rough chop down Mr K.watched the end of the pond skim on Mr K, and bugged out toot sweet!.put in a pretty sweet full day, sorry I missed you guys. Will probably be back up at whitefish again this January.keep posting, hope to see you guys next year.

I buy a Sky card in the fall; lift tickets are then free for first and last week of the season.  This year the card cost me $71.07.  Seems worth it even if I only make it for closing weekend, and there's always the potential for more.

Started on Ram (to use restrooms at the top), then Swift Current for softer snow.  I first hit the tram before 11:00 AM and only had to wait for two loads.  Came down Marx then returned to base to meet SkwalGuy.  Then he wanted to go to the top too, so we ended up back at the tram, but by then it was about a 45 min line. After the pond skim started, Tippy's was almost deserted, so mostly carved there until stopping to watch the end.

I was only going to snap photos and skip making a video this year, but then while coming down The Gullies 1, I decided to shoot a clip.  It was my first time down the Bowl side from the top.  I didn't decide to video until almost down to the bowl, though.  Oh well.  Good news is it's a short(er) video than other years.