Sign in to follow this  
SunSurfer

Cardrona

Will be riding Central Otago fields from Sunday 14th August to Saturday August 27th 2016. Thursday 18th to Saturday 20th are set aside for other activities, but otherwise I plan to ride Cardrona, TC and Remarkables. I've found Coronet to be crowded and slushy the last few years when I've been down at this time of year so have no plans to ride there.

Will be driving down and bringing the full 11 board quiver down with me, and my collection of isocline plates. Planning to spend some time on them all as well as doing some experimentation with isocline plate axle distances and stance distance.

Nigel C is often down in Central at this time of year. We've ridden together before. Happy to meet up with other riders and maybe loan some of the boards. Will have TD3 Intec (Burton & 4x4 discs), F2 Race Intec, & SnowPro Race bail bindings with me,  If you're going to be around contact me via the Bomber e-mail system so we can share contact details and arrange to meet up.

L-R: Coiler NSR 180, Riot Supercarve 180, Coiler AM 177, Burton Factory Prime 173, Pale Spook 170, Rad-Air Pinkerman Extreme 169, Skwal USA 167, Oxygen Proton GS 164, Kessler slalom 162, Hot Blast 160, Burton PJ 163 asym (reg)

post-2036-0-18016700-1461561227_thumb.jp

Edited by SunSurfer

I will be there the week before. I have a curtailed visit south this year as its my wife's 50th birthday and I also have some jobs to do on a yacht in Fiji and bringing it home. I do have a season pass for coronet and a life pass for Ruapehu so I will be trying to fit in as much as I can around all the other stuff. Maybe my legs will work this year?....

Just booked accommodation for some time @ Cardrona for August 8th to 23rd 2018. Planning to bring a range of boards (?6) and plates (UPM & 4x4 insert patterns).  Staying in Wanaka. PM me if you want to catch up at some stage during the period.

Rode a 4 seat chair today at Cardrona with 4 carvers on board, Nigel C, Bryan Fox, and a young woman that we'd just found on an F2 board wearing ski boots. She knows about this forum now! Have spent much of the day riding with Bryan, and Nigel when he sneaked away from his group.