Note to New Members ×

Roll Call

loopback

Local bump  Brimacombe missed the chance to make snow Nov 13 and the week fallowing and have been chasing their tail ever since. One run open last two weekends more gravel than snow. Apparently the groomer operator doesn't know how to turn off the tiller when driving over bare ground.  Did one run today then left. Not worth ripping the base of my Skwal to do 10 turns. Looks like Mt St Marie is off to a slow start. Mt St Louis Moonstone (Coiler test grounds) as well as Dagmar north of Whitby are the best two in Ontario so far. Privately run and not afraid to make snow when the temperature is favorable.

Spent a few days riding Mt. St. Louis Moonstone - they had a pretty good base which was resulted in some fun days, although the conditions got challening with giant ice-cookies on Sunday. I think they are making like mad right now and should be in decent shape by 2015. The usual Coiler crew was out in full force; Bruce even made an appearance before Christmas.

Not sure what else is open or has anything worth riding around the Ottawa area. Ian and I are planning on testing Tremblant on Monday ... will report.

Lets hope that this cold weather holds and that we soon get a decent dump; no more of this teasing dusting.