Note to New Members ×

wtf15

west carven

snowreport: wed jan 28, 2015

howdy all

wtf day 5, clouds on the top of the big then lifts higher, kinda flat light all day.

very firm in the morning then soft granular push piles, it did not get slushy.

really hard to get an edge in, softened up abit and carved alittle then just sliding

around the push piles. it was good to see kinpa and her stoke, made it a fun day.

rode the 157speedcross from 9 till 3...

snowreport: thu jan 29, 2015

howdy all

wtf day 6, partly sunny and firm groom in the early morning. compfy temps and the

addition of kram made it a nice day. (pun intended) still hard to get an edge in.

crunchy packed corn till 2pm then the sun comes out with blue skies and gets really

soft and very carvable. it might set up firmer tomorrow in the morning. another fun day

considering... having fun on the 157...

rode the 157speedcross from 9 till 4...

snowreport: fri jan 30, 2015

howdy all

wtf day 7, gloomy in town, blue sky sunshine on the big, valley inversions. better

grooming today and some good carving early in the morning. kram left early and

cuban did not show up till noontime. the cooler temps made the groom much better.

we lost all of our snowghost on the summit this week and the warm temps broke

down the snow into spring corn. it will take a good dump to get things back into

shape. so it wasn't the best week for wtf15, but we had a goodtime. it's always

good to see and ride with cuban, shred, allee, kinpa, kram and johnasmo. i would

like to see more carvers out here... see you next year...

rode the 176vsr m from 9 till 3...

snowreport: sat jan 31, 2015

howdy all

foggy valley inversion and clouds on the top of the big. flat light all day and cold temps.

it stayed cold and firm all day, polished ice and scraped powder. it was hard to get an

edge in so slid around the push piles. no carving today and just working on some vertical.

it was really cold and after a few runs go in to warm my hands. forcast is some snow the

next few days... i bet cuban and shred's flight got delayed with the valley inversions...

rode the 157speedcross from 9 till 3...

..., and it sounds like the patio at the Stube might be a great place to be this week! ...

I guess you didn't notice that most of the deck was gone.  Bad footings.  The whole place is going to be tore down soon to make room for a shiny new hotel.  Rest assured, there will be a Bierstube version 2.0, but it won't have 40 years of character to go with that stale beer scent.

I didn't! It was dark when I got in on Friday, and I just went back and forth from the condo/Chair 3 all weekend, so I didn't really pay too much attention. Where are we going to sit après mountain biking this summer?

Hey, did anyone get a copy of the pics from the photographers?

snowreport: mon feb 02, 2015

howdy all

classic big mtn fog and very humid. two inches new over hardpack ice. wet and sticky

and slow going. fog down low and thick at times. tried a womens winds boot, fits good,

but doesn't fit in the bindings very good, need to tighten it up. forcast is a warm-up by

the weekend, their calling mid 40's and a mild february overall. poopoo!, just crusing today.

hi allee i have a copy for johnasmo, need to get it to him, maybe he can copy last years

and this years for you. my computer is barely working...

rode the 157speedcross from 9 till 1...

snowreport: tue feb 03, 2015

howdy all

two inches yesterday and two more today made for some good groomers. yesterdays

snow mixed in and last nights snow carved really good. compfy temps, lite fog, some

sunshine. got a little bumpy then warm temps made it alittle wet and smoothed out and

got better as the day went on. pushed hard with the little board and was pooped out

by 3pm... was a really fun day...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 3...

snowreport: sat feb 07, 2015

howdy all

woke up and it was raining in town, looked at the webcam and it looked wet at the

baselodge and foggy at the bottom chair 2. stayed home and took it easy then waited

for 3pm and watched our whitefish winter carnival, this years theme was to honor our

veterans. standing outside in light drizzle for a couple of hours. this huge pacific front

will bring a few more days of rain and warm temps then alittle cool down. it will take

some new snow and cooler temps to get the mountain back into shape...

did not ride today...

snowreport: mon feb 09, 2015

howdy all

again, woke up and it was raining in town, looked at the webcam and it looked wet.

yesterday did not rain and looked ok, but i worked, partly sunny and there was the

slopestyle event, good for them. forcast tomorrow is a little rain then clear skies when

i go back to work. poopoo! if not too rainy i'll go up to see how the mountain is holding up.

a little cool down by friday, but not too much...

did not ride today...

snowreport: tue feb 10, 2015

howdy all

had a slow morning, outside was damp, humid, packed two left-hand gloves, good

thing i checked on the way. got a late start, kinda forced myself to go up and i'm glad

i did. lite rain at the baselodge and just started to snow bottom of toni matt. stayed on

the backside cause it was snowing and not rain. a few inches of new snow and dumping

most of the morning then stops about 1pm. good wet powder and swishy push piles.

rode the amp5 from 10 till 2...

snowreport: sat feb 14, 2015

howdy all

going thru the motions again, not psyched at all. yesterday was bluebird all day and

very warm and i knew what to expect. firm bad grooming in the early morning and

starts to slowly soften up into spring skiing by noon. where the bench run ends and

gets back to toni matt was very dangerous with very uneven surfaces and mid toni matt

was not groomed. saw some grass on ed's, twigs and rocks everywhere, the end is

near, we need a winter miracle. my nephew comes this week and i'll ride with him,

but it won't be any good, oh well it is what it is. today sunny then cloudy then sunny

then cloudy then sunny...

rode the 157sx from 9 till 1...

snowreport: mon feb 16, 2015

howdy all

wasn't expecting anything good after yesterdays very warm temps and sunny all day.

today a little cooler and sunny in the morning then cloudy later in the afternoon. groomers

on ed's was the worst i have ever seen, yesterdays sun really beat-up the snow and i

heard it was really wet slush. today some good carving on the flat sections, the groomers

did a better job on the not so steep parts. icy granular corn that breaks down fast and doesn't

hold an edge very good. it did not get wet when i left at 2pm., maybe tomorrow will be better.

had some good carving early in the morning.

rode the 157sx from 9 till 2...

oh yeah! went for a paddle friday afternoon from 3 to 4:30pm it was sunny and warm, wore my

shorts and a flannel shirt and my neoprene socks, the water was freezing cold.

can't wait for summer. hah!, i said it...

snowreport: mon feb 16, 2015

yesterdays sun really beat-up the snow and i heard it was really wet slush.

The frontside was garbage by about 11:30, I stuck around on the back until about 2. I would almost say that opening day was as good or better out back and that certainly isn't saying much.

On the plus side, it seemed like there wasn't much of a crowd. I bet it would have been a whole lot worse if there was.

On another note, I think they were changing the sign to Brownfish, MT.......