Note to New Members ×

wtf15

west carven

snowreport: mon jan 12, 2015

howdy all

what a difference a day makes, very good groomers and snow quality is very good.

the groomers was very grippy and consistant top to bottom. high overcast and vis was

good. temps was comfortable in the morning then got cooler by noontime. not too

many people up today so stayed good till the very end. you wtf'ers would have enjoyed

today. did alot of chair 2 in the a.m. then toni matt in the p.m. really pushed hard and

had a blast. the super turny big board is so much fun...

rode the 176vsr m from 9 till 4...

snowreport: tue jan 13, 2015

howdy all

made the daily video today. better than yesterday, today was great groomers, you

wtf'ers should have been here. high overcast and vis was a little flat lighting and

some fog on the very top later in the day. very lite crowds so stayed really good all

day. stopped a hiker on ed's and told her to go back down, she taught chair2 was

chair1. anyways, enjoy today's snowreporter's daily video...

Edited by west carven

snowreport: sat jan 17, 2015

howdy all

nice sunny morning with soft groomers, warm temps and huge crowds. it was sunny

till 11am then some high clouds. groomers was nice in the morning, but the huge crowds

made it chewed-up bumpy. it's saturday and it was hard to enjoy a good craving day,

always looking for a good safe space to link a few turns and always worrying about

straightliners. today a Ski Mountaineering Race, kids race school, ski school and the

sunshine brought everyone out. i wanted to stay all day, but it was too much...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 2...

Edited by west carven

snowreport: mon jan 19, 2015

howdy all

well, after yesterdays 8 inches of wet heavy snow and warm temps late in the day, it

wasn't groomed down very good. bumpy seams and dips and packed down, but still

soft, it was very inconsistent, soft on top and firm down low. i took it easy and didn't

carve much, just in survival mode trying not to get hurt. maybe tomorrow should groom

down better. today cloudy with flat light and sun trying to peak thru. i wasn't feeling it.

snowreport: tue jan 20, 2015

howdy all

today much better, mostly sunny in the morning then huge dark clouds that pass thru.

sun peaking thru now and then and groomers was good. icy down low, but still very

carvable and up top pretty good. it was a good day and pushed hard. not many people

so stayed good all day and the snow got better later in the day. tomorrow should be

better, but i gotta work. forcast for saturday is a warm-up and snow.

Yay, roll on Friday!

West, I'll have your boots in the car and parked up on the hill. Meet you at Chair 2 on Saturday morning, and we can go get them at lunch. Otherwise I'm planning to be there around 9pm Friday (roads permitting) so if you want to swing up to the hill and meet me then, drop me a PM and I'll send you my phone #.

snowreport: sat jan 24, 2015

howdy all

welcome wtf'ers, day 1, spring snow when big mtn should be at its best. huge cloud/fog

that rolled thru all day, sometimes sun peaking thru. soft carving in the morning then

spring slush in the afternoon. it was nice to see the gang again and it was nice day.

forcast is even warmer the next couple of days. the snow will break down alot more.

i hope the forcasters are wrong and hope it stays cool. good carving with everyone.

rode the 165amt from 9 till 3...

snowreport: sun jan 25, 2015

howdy all

wtf day 2, like yesterday it was soft in the a.m. then spring slush in the p.m. vis was

good and when we quit about 2pm the sun was shining with blue sky. i'm sure it will

be spring skiing tomorrow. it was hard to carve in this soft conditions. hopefully it will

cool down by thursday/friday and it's gonna be some hard ice. forcast for tomorrow

on the summit is 48 degrees. poopoo!... safe travels allee, it was fun...

Awww, back at work. Work sucks, and it sounds like the patio at the Stube might be a great place to be this week! Super awesome to hang out with the crew again, but I'm too old for that many late nights ...

Roomie was thrilled to get Great Northern beer, and has already put in her order for refills in March.

Edited by Allee

snowreport: mon jan 26, 2015

howdy all

beautiful bluebird spring day, very bad grooming from last nights spring slush and it

set-up abit. it took a few hours to soften-up to where it was carveable. it was fun for

a little while then it was bumped-up slushy push piles. cuban left for lunch and i stayed

till the end of the day just crusing around and enjoying the bluebird skies and warm

temps. forcast doesn't look good, slight cool down then warm friday. i was on the lift

near the summit at about 1pm when a small jet flies from the southwest just over the

summit to the northeast and disappears, i was looking at the top view of the jet, that

was pretty cool, maybe a blue angel...

rode the 157speedcross from 9 till 4...

• Like 1

snowreport: tue jan 27, 2015

howdy all

wtf day 4, ditto like the past few days, but getting worse, we are seeing stuff sticking

out and some small bare spots. forcast is still above normal and i'm feeling like the

season is coming to an end. went for a paddle 3:30 to 4:30 and i'm ready to change

gears, but we still got 75 more days so i'm hoping winter comes back. today lite haze

and sunny, warm compfy temps, but still crappy conditions. feels like i'm just going

thru the motions, it's hard to get psyched.

rode the f2157speedcross from 9 till 2...