Note to New Members ×

Keystone Carving!

dougtreiber

• 7 months later...

To be clear, I hate all snowboarders.* If someone was unfamiliar with the concept of a s***show, Keystone today would have been a good primer. It sounded like a super good idea: take the daughters to Summit County, fake snow, a minuscule fraction of terrain open, early season yah-yah seekers. If, during the course of first Gulf War, Iraq had fired 1,000 Scud missiles simultaneously at a single target situated at the base of a ski area, it would have resembled the scene at Keystone. And it felt like 80% of the Scuds were big, dumb snowboarders who thought they were better than the they were and were anxious to prove it. I'm sure Keystone is fantastic. But it will take awhile to get past the PTSD. Oh, and unless you're totally into shin pain, when you're in a rush, don't position half the tongue outside the UPZ liner for most of the day. That's a total idiot move. 

* Quote attributed to former Aggression pro snowboarder watching a snowboarding video with a bunch of unsponsored snowboarders claiming they could do the snowboarding stuff in the video.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
22 hours ago, Ladia said:

First time at Keystone. Pretty nice resort like it much more than Breckenridge. But 4 days no one hardbooter. Just stupid questions: what is it? Never saw it, ski boots  and so on.

A lot of us were at Copper yesterday as most hardbooters have Abasin pass, Loveland pass and/or IKON pass.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!  New to the forums but I'm out at Keystone pretty much most nights they have night riding if anyone wants to meet up for some carving laps and doesn't mind trying to carve uneven chunder with occasional moguls in the way. 

Also have an A-Basin pass. 

Edited by kitejumping
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Was at Keystone today... I've ridden Keystone ~10 days in my life.

It's a fantastic carving hill.

On this recent trip I've ridden Vail, Beaver Creek, and Breckenridge.  Keystone's grooming spanks them all and not by a little but by a lot.

I'd still be out carving Prospector if the lifts were still running and I had  the legs for it.

Met some carving softbooters late in the day. Maybe a new forum member? 👌

Epic day.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...