Note to New Members ×

ECES Clinics

AlexJ

^ Those are all great clinic ideas, Eric, thank you for posting! I'd be interested in attending an off-snow gear session, especially if it focuses on boots.

As you firm up which clinics you'll offer and when, just update this thread please. Let's aim for dates and times by next week?

Thanks again for offering your time and experience!

Dr..........................can you teach me how to water ski on my Kessla 185 ?!?!?!?!?! :freak3:

See the thing is, is, I go up to my Uncle Donnie's house every summah on Lake Winnesquam and he's got a wicked pissa powa boat ! I just cant seem to figure it out, I wax it, I even scrape the wax before I do my dry starts from the beech. If I do get up, I then eat $hit right away, and almost drown. The boat fuzz has to come and rescue me, its a horrific scene. Its hard to swim, when my Tilts are still fastened to my bindings, Usually I'm in a panic. I am working on a secondary rope that when I let go of the main rope, the auxiliary rope would be tied to each toe clip; as the rope is speeding away, off come my binding out from under me. Bango problem solved !

Do you think I would benefit from using a softer setup, like Burton plates and UPZ boots in Walk mode, along with a Slalom board ? Could we do some video on the pond at the Stratton Mtn Gold coarse ?!?!?!?!

All my uncle Donnie eva says to me is " JUST LEAN BACK........................... AND LET THE BOAT PULL YUP "

GFYS .I..

Meanwhile, specific requests/suggestions are welcome

post-1557-141842408504_thumb.jpg

Dr..........................can you teach me how to water ski on my Kessla 185 ?!?!?!?!?! :freak3:

I can help you with that Mr. JD :eplus2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/17KLBFxPT80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Edited by Ian M

Guy, can you go over how to properly scrape a mogul board? You scrape them right?

How about picking the right Stihl for the job? Proper chain sharpening?

From what I've seen in the field, most users scrape the moguls boards both right, and left, against the moguls proper. The key, though, isn't the wax. Rather, you just reverse the APEX plate mounts such that the Beaver Tail points backward. More 'back seat' doncha' know. Horsepower. Dualies.

The right Stihl for the job is either the 254xp, 262xp or 3120xp. Or maybe that one with the little flashing light. As to the chains, the DOT requires grade 70, 80, or 100, spaced no further than 10 feet on center, with no sharp edges.

Do you think I would benefit from using a softer setup..?

No. Quite obviously your problem is surface turbulence caused by prop cavitation. Hie thee to Electric Boat for one of those 'run silent, run deep' special ops screws.

Also, put a nitrous kit on the 427. That should skip you right over the second wave harmonic off the beach.

That, and your boat lackey needs a better class of beer.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys, newbie here from NJ, in the sense that Ive been attempting to ride alpine for a season or two now when Im not riding a softboot goofy board but had little success, probably a combination of poor equipment/setup and zero instruction outside youtube. I can stay on edge and go fast but thats about it. Really interested in a beginner clinic and trying out boards that can help me have a breakthrough, not sure yet which day I'll be able to come up possibly some time between 24th and 26th. Should I email someone specifically about clinic arrangements/demos? Thanks! Looking forward. Jarek

^Sorry, hit the wrong keys.

'This is how you know you're in the ballpark' Should have read; 'You're inside the stadium, this is how you find your seat, and this is how you configure the seat for maximum comfort and optimum viewing pleasure.' ;)

That's doable.

That's awesome!!! I love it when an analogy comes together.

Part of it can be even off-mountain/slope right? Not that I am offering your time :-)

Hey guys, newbie here from NJ, in the sense that Ive been attempting to ride alpine for a season or two now when Im not riding a softboot goofy board but had little success, probably a combination of poor equipment/setup and zero instruction outside youtube. I can stay on edge and go fast but thats about it. Really interested in a beginner clinic and trying out boards that can help me have a breakthrough, not sure yet which day I'll be able to come up possibly some time between 24th and 26th. Should I email someone specifically about clinic arrangements/demos? Thanks! Looking forward. Jarek

Hi Jarek! Staying on edge is a great start, and we should be able to help you with both technique and equipment setup. No advance arrangements are required for either clinics or demo equipment... just head to the demo tent (at the base, near the gondola) and you'll find friendly faces! The following clinics are scheduled at the moment:

• Tuesday 10:30am - Ian M
  • Wednesday 10:30am - Ian M, Dan Lambert (possible afternoon session as well)
  • Thursday 10:30am - Ian M

The things that you'd like help with are likely common to other folk too, so you'll be in great company. Looking forward to riding with you, and getting you fired up! :D

Cheers,

Ian

Eric Brammer better known as "PSR" will be attending the ECES Tuesday, Thursday and possibly Friday and will be assisting Ian and Erik Beckman with clinics.

If you are new to carving or just want to up your game, we have the best group of instructors we have ever had at the ECES. Take advantage of it, you wouldn't regret it.

Edited by GeoffV

My wife, Catherine, and I attended Ian's clinic on Wednesday morning. Although we are both accomplished carvers in softboots, it was our first time on hardboots. Ever. We had only taken 4 or 5 runs before the clinic. By the end of the clinic, armed with the great instruction, and helpful drills the Ian gave us, I felt like I was layin down some solid turns. We had so much fun, and we are definitely hooked on hardboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I took clinics from Dan, Ian, Eric and his other brother Eric. There were different styles and philosophies, but I benefited from all of them, and my carving definitely sucked less at the end of the week than at the beginning.

Brad