Note to New Members ×

Stratton

*Ace*

For next season:  Thinking about getting a Stratton value or mid week pass and full ski share.

Anyone know how much does a full ski house share cost for the season?

Is there "ski in, ski out/walked to slope" ski house available on Stratton?

Typically how does ski share work?  Can I drive up and stay there for couple of weeks?

Thanks

David

For next season:  Thinking about getting a Stratton value or mid week pass and full ski share.

Anyone know how much does a full ski house share cost for the season?

Is there "ski in, ski out/walked to slope" ski house available on Stratton?

Typically how does ski share work?  Can I drive up and stay there for couple of weeks?

Thanks

David

David,

Most affordable ski house shares are probably off mountain and if I had to guess $2k to $3k per person, on mountain you will be sharing with a lot of people or paying big bucks. Considering houses up on the access road rent for $30K per season. Ski in/out walk to the mountain shares probably don't exist either or are very rare. Most of those units people rent for the high weeks at outrageous prices and stay there the rest of the time.

So anyone I have talked to that is doing an affordable share is off mountain. (15 minute drive)

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for one to get in on. Maybe post up on Stratton facebook page??

Okemo and Killington are way better for the Ski house share thing.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Alex

• Like 1

Stratton, as a Corporation, is all about PRICEY real estate...  So, you, unless you have a 7-figure income, you cannot even be along the access road up to the venue.

Stratton has diligently pushed an 'upmarket' policy such that it's skier/rider numbers are less than 1/5th of what we saw 20 years ago. It's a dying cash-laundering cow, at best.

Ascutney did the same, but on a lesser scale; they're dead, done, gone. 

Places nearby to look;  Jamaica, Peru, Townsend, Arlington or Dorset.  All better than 20 minutes out, in winter (although, by snowmobile, that can be shorter).

Nearby-ish, and starved for renters, is Magic Mt./Londonderry, near the very first Burton factory, even. However, it's Ugly out there, with rentals being so bad that I've had my toilet fall through (This, btw, in a public market, thus 'shared' bathroom!) the floor in such a venue. Be wary, very wary.

So, don't get your hopes up. But, maybe, if you can traverse the 30-minute-to-the-hill bubble, you might find something out there, nearby, kinda.

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR
  • Like 1

Thanks Alex/Eric B for the excellent information:  I will check Facebook, Craigslist, etc and expand the search radius.

Killington is another possibility; but I like Stratton better.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

Beckmaan:  I might take you up on that offer ;-)

Edited by pow4ever

If you put Okemo on the short list, keep in mind that there is bussing in/around Ludlow, out to Proctorsville as well.

My house was in Perkinsville/N. Springfield, and while it was a half-hour out, it was an easy drive along Rt.103 (or a twisty-but-fun romp along Rt.131).  Never was late to the hill, but working weekends, you couldn't leave until after dark from the traffic flow coming down Rt.100 from Killington. 

At least at Stratton, there's more than one way out.

• 8 months later...

You may want to rethink that, or at least wait till Monday night to decide. The mountain was decimated from today's rains and hot weather. In places it looked like you would be better off in a raft. Lots of big bare spots. Sad part it was epic the last 4 days.

Also temp are dropping to near zero so it should freeze up pretty solid.

So I went out and inspected this afternoon and I even put hard boots on to do it. Coverage is better then I thought, they made a little dragged a little from here to there. But it is boiler plate ice.

If you are there for first chair at 8:45AM you may get 4 or 5 descent runs, before it is cleared down to the rock hard ice.

Also Note what trails are open and there is some huge race on North American so it will be closed all day.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

David, Sunday should be good. We got 3" of heavy snow last night so riding today was ok but not great. It is freezing rain right now and will rain into the night turning to snow. So tomorrow will be a bad day the snow will be very heavy. But another 5 inch after that and cold temps, so snow will be good. Watch out for grooming though it has been the worst I have seen in the 13 years I have lived here. Grooming ridges are treacherous. I will be there Sunday racing Boardercross. See you around.

• Thanks 1