Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

• 2 weeks later...

No manly-man, no look terrible for carving.

I have to recall, it's just basic, basics on Alpine snowboards. The word Euro-Carving was not know in Europe for a long time because no-one does Euro-Carving style here (or only some less skilled carvers). Such Carvingboards and raceboards have been riden too in America and since about a decade now on many more other regions of the World. Just for carving on that how many perfect, empty waves because of missing pure natural slopes.

At a time where carving-skis became popular also some resorts in Europe have optimze slopes during summertime by bulldozers and they starts grooming slopes every day during wintertime. So they became tourist friendly resorts. But for such easy slopes Alpine snowboards and carvingboards never had been build until the last decade.

Just because there is no needness for ride such perfect, empty waves by Alpine snowboards (maybe for beginners Yes), rather you run there by skis.

Well, cuting boring tracks are easy now to do everywhere on the Alps on such slopes, as I wrote above. You can do it with any kind of boards (like on the one of following picture which is a general purpose snowboard, only 48" of edge)

But there is no needness to cut easy tracks on a boring landscape as we can see on mostly boring carving videos now-adays. Why not to cut easy tracks in front of an amazing landscape?

track_amazing_mountains.JPG

A landscape full of ice and snow and up to 11'000ft vertical from peak down to valley.

Beautiful photo for sure!!   

If you can keep the negativity down on your philosophy of alpine carving we would all be the better off.    We all have different environments to draw our carving tracks on, so in general "To each his own" and let it go please.   I enjoy your posts that have allot of good knowledge in them , but cringe when you become harsh and hurtful.  It will not be tolerated.  Thanks, Bryan 

Picture me carefully taking off my moderator hat and placing it on a chair far away from us.  I speak only for myself in this post.  

BLAH BLAH 

Carving is boring, you should ride awesome stuff like me.  You all suck.

BLAH BLAH

<insert cool picture of a carve on the very snow you purport that manly-men like yourself don't ride>

Can you please remind us all why you're here if you hate the fundamental reason this forum exists?  It seems to me you just want to stir up trouble and/or convert everyone to move to the Alps to learn what manly-men look like.  I'm quite tired of it.  I don't know who you are or what you've done, but you're a jerk on here.

I'm very happy that you have such a clear definition of what you like, but it's not ok to insult others that don't agree with your very tightly-controlled version of reality. Please find a better site such as www.manlymenofzeealps.com or www.carvingsucksbutIwanttowriteaboutit.com.

• Like 2

It takes extremes to create a middle. Some Europeans can be blunt to the extreme. And  they don't recognize it in themselves. Relying on google to translate for them probably only makes the wording even more harsh. I agree constant bashing is tiring but the pictures and the  thoughts they illicit distracts me from the actual text and it's content and allow me to day dream. ( If I was in that picture how or what line would I choose.) Season is over locally  so any picture of snow gets my attention. Lighten up Snowmatic life is short the carving season even shorter.

Bad English but measurements not metric... No video or pictures of himself carving ... Seriously folks, he's the new SkeezeRule .... aka, it's a joke.

Crap, I think I got punked. LOL! Well, good on him for being so consistent. I'll stop feeding the trolls.

Back to the pictures!

It meight be hard to accept it, but there are things which runs some stages above on hardboots.

It's just a nice thing to see others carving full speed ahead too on that treeless winter-wonderland, on the flattest part of slope here.

speed_carving.JPG

Did you know it, Edmond Plawczyk from

127 MPH thread does such carvings faster than 90 MPH ! That's maybe faster than you are allowed to drive your car on highways.

Well, it wouldn't help to deny genuine Alpine snowboarding and shade me to negativity corner. As known well, missing/wrong progression on riding Alpine snowboards turned the scene close to death during the last decade. The Youth deny hardbooting totaly.

In counterpart to all who send rude words to me, I'm able to show how much fun Alpine snowboarding is. Even with some pictures, maybe never been sawn before here on forum.

A double diamond slope, cutting one more track (less-skill doesn't work here, even not on the following steeper and icyer part of slope) at this afternoon slopes of Easter holidays.

Fortunately in front of an amazing and impressing landscape, just for showing you:

what genuine wintersport is /// where genuine wintersport comes from

nice_carving.JPG

Skiing was once a branch of traditional Alpinism * Reinhold Messner

Big Sky (Montana, USA) from April 18, 2015 (closing weekend)

Run marked in red is Liberty Bowl to Yeti Traverse to Marx to Gullies Traverse to Gullies 1.

Selfie taken at top of Gullies 1 (spot marked with four pointed star)

post-845-0-75871400-1429562609_thumb.jpg

Disclaimer:  I had no intention of doing laid out carves on that run, so this is NOT an example of extreme carving.  It is just resort snowboarding in North America.  I would have chose soft boots for that terrain had I planned to go there, but I was just killing time until the ice thawed on the groomed runs elsewhere so I could switch to a Coiler and have even MORE fun carving groomers.

Sorry, not really "tracks" pictures.  Got caught up in snowmatic's Alps or Bust EC thing again...

Edited by johnasmo
  • Like 2

There are missing track photos since days (I don't know why), but a lot more off-topic things discussed on forum.

That's hard for me to understand, even if a great and nice winter is left in the Alps which I enjoyed:

some_winter_is_left.JPG

There are tons of snow, local skiers are talking from best slope conditions ever of winter 2014/2015 and weather shows Monday to Friday a clear blue sky with fresh air (freezing level not that high)

Time of lift operation was enhanced to 8:30 AM - 5 PM. Good for more milage of carving, or more hours to ride on slopes whitch are near to empty mow.

We had so much luck the last weekend, there was heavy rain up to the peaks of the mountains. Due to following clear weather/nights slopes could freeze deep into the ground. So there are perfect groomers of very hard ice. Icy slopes on constancy nearly to late afternoon when lifts are closing.

It's so amazing to cut tracks on such totaly icy slopes, like here where it get sun since some minutes. Only crones you can cut and nothing else too. No skiers around there at 10 a.m., I had my private 2300ft of vertical Cable-Car and a private slope for sure too.

dream_carving.JPG

I like to run dream-carving rather than extreme-carving!

More action and many more speed on ice than on that way to grippy and boring powdersnow slopes.

That slope a half hour before my run:

slope_before_getting_sun.JPG

Big Sky (Montana, USA) from April 18, 2015 (closing weekend)

Run marked in red is Liberty Bowl to Yeti Traverse to Marx to Gullies Traverse to Gullies 1.

Selfie taken at top of Gullies 1 (spot marked with four pointed star)

attachicon.gifBigSkyGullies1_1.jpg

Disclaimer:  I had no intention of doing laid out carves on that run, so this is NOT an example of extreme carving.  It is just resort snowboarding in North America.  I would have chose soft boots for that terrain had I planned to go there, but I was just killing time until the ice thawed on the groomed runs elsewhere so I could switch to a Coiler and have even MORE fun carving groomers.

Sorry, not really "tracks" pictures.  Got caught up in snowmatic's Alps or Bust EC thing again...

Damn!! On an early Burton FP?? Impressive!!

Damn!! On an early Burton FP?? Impressive!!

I'm pretty average, but I was impressed by the old FP this season.  I found it in 2011 at a pawn shop for $20, with rat-trap bindings. I don't even know what year it is.  I sold the bindings to Kinpa for $10, so now only $10 invested in the board.  Late season this year had a lot of thin coverage, so it became one of my goto "rock" boards.  I ended up putting 4 times the vertical on it this spring than all the previous seasons combined.  It proved quite fun in the sloppy spring corn; kept me goofing around in hardboots on a lot of days that I would normally have gone soft.

That FP is now 20 Years old. The board I was carving on second picture (18 Years old) is much more modern and more hightech then Btn FP's and nowadays board constructions. It doesn't contain any wood inside and no, it isn't build like Rossignol's!

Well, someones think carving the same slope twice a day, or even many more time a day as usual, would be a great thing.

But why not carving in continous the slopes which are every run new, the whole long day?

Alternate new ground, new mountain sceenes and new snow/slope conditions can be such great for to carve.

Let it gone away all that boring and similar looking things!

Take a true Alpine raceboard and run it on a harder and icy slope surface, just because it's so fun.

Welcome to geniune hardbooting on most authentic mountain sceenes:

ready_for_carving.JPG

The ones run 20 gates of 45° turns on a race. I prefer carving 20 embeded half-circle turns for fun.

A quarter inch (maybe less) of melting icy crones by early morning sun (it was 9 a.m.) helps to make visible my run.

so_lets_go_carving.JPG

But don't touch that pieces of ice which are frozen to slope on the left, they would destroy your fingers, hands and shoulders!

Carving continous 20 half-circle turns like there on a early morning icy slope, it's just only basics of hardbooting & raceboards. Well limitations had been set to me with the lenght of that slope. And Yes, there are mountains/slopes for to go continous carving up to 70-90 half-circle turns!

You can be lucky on the East.

On western Alpes we got more than 6.5ft fresh snow the last days. Below 10'000 ft altitude it was rain and see what happen then (click picture for higher resolution):

telesiege_sous_les_eaux_3.jpg?itok=240jT

Swimm goggles and snorkel helps to start your uphill with highspeed chairlift!

telesiege_sous_les_eaux_4.jpg?itok=pBqGa

Doesn't matter, it's just Global warming, I mean rapid Global warming.

Even wineyards which produce wine since 600 Years (!) had to move the last decade some kind of wine to a 650ft higher terrain for to get similar wine quality.