Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

fav thread of 2015 so far :)...groomers are to us carvers what glassy water is to a surfer / waterskiier / rower....Nirvana!

That pic I took in january 2002, first time I met Jacques (Rilliet) in person.
He is riding the same board as in the Opus 1 movie ( "Extremecarving" ), a hand made prototype that will lead to the Extremecarver.

I was riding a Proton 172 then, and those backside tracks he did pushed me hard enough to convince him and Patrice to launch Swoard!

post-16-0-45414300-1422901982_thumb.jpg

Nils

Edited by nils

nils: pic I took in january 2002 .... I was riding a Proton 172 then

Well, it can be hard to see what/how other riders are capable to carve, even if ones rides a shape which is not the best choice for to do similar. Just take a board which perform for Extremecarving.

Proton may be a good thing for racing gates. I mean, a friend of mine did try to carve with Proton's on different lenght too some vew Years ago. He screw on a Bomber binding from that Years to that Proton's SL which match colorway of board perfect. And he tried to follow the wonderful radius of some wine-gasks to get a taste of nice carving turns. But he couln't get fun with that Proton's, even because they had never been shaped for riding nice carving turns.

Proton_Winery_curves.JPG

nils, You did rather ride that days of 2002 a Fanatic Ltd EC 165 than Oxygen Proton 172. The Fanatic Ltd EC 165 was distributed that time in France from Wings S.A. F-83270 St Cyr les Lecques/St Cyr sur Mer and was just made for Extremecarving. They used special alligned carbon wings on uper and lower belt, for edge power distribution and torsion control of the board.

The Fanatic Ltd EC 165 (from 1998/99 and up) was the follower shape of the 1997/98 Fanatic Supernova board, which was developed for (Fanatic named/wrote it as): "EXTREMECARVING".

And for to show the strongness of riding the Extremecarving, the Fanatic Ltd EC cames out for 1998/99 and 1999/2000 in black/anthracit color with a gray label and some red colored segments. If there are any boards on market just now-a-days using similar colorways too, please let me know it!

Fanatic_LTD_SL_EC_GS.jpg

Well as we know it all today ( "Extremecarving" ) and the abbreviation EC is used very often and mostly loose for any kind of carving and from many brands too. In counterpoint to that, good and powerfull action on carving like extreme an alpine snowboard we can see unfortunately less and less these days.

Yes softbootsailer, I agree, it's a thread is for pictures of Tracks.

But there must be room for comments. Even if one of the best picture on thread was posted.

Boring pictures from countless trenches are easy to get.

But that picture from Verbier 2002 is a kind of magic.

You see the scene, the sun, two trenches and the rider just on the right position. And the picture let open how he did it. Was he riding like everyday, or was he taken up speed riding straight down from the top and he cut than a least the trenches?

There are pictures which are able to transpond emotions, other ones didn't it.

And by the way, out of the text below picture, there must be a big story behind.

Did You know softbootsailer, Youngest rider on a Swoard-Pro snowboard is just 16. And he race gates with Swoard-Pro too. There are pictures about on internet.

Edited by snowmatic