Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday at Mt Hood Meadows Oregon. Riding the "Vista" chair after a few passes on a new Tinkler TNT 174cm. A bit hard to see at first, they are easier to see as the chair gets closer to the snow mid way. I tried a couple different filters on youtube to try to help enhance the tracks, most did not help. Bryan

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MAyJI0RGx4c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/MAyJI0RGx4c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Going through photos, found this from last season. Not great but it lifted my spirits. March 26, 2013 at Camelback. March 26 this year was astoundingly good. The 28th was probably the last decent day this year. Last year the good conditions actually lasted a little longer in spite of lack of snowfall! post-8138-141842415241_thumb.jpg

Photo of a nice spring day a couple weeks ago , Mt Hood Meadows , Oregon. Photos: Jay Carroll of http://www.jfoto.com/

http://www.jfoto.com/MEADOWS%20JFOTO/Meadows%202014/2014-04-02%20Carving%20Groomers/index.htm

post-198-141842415903_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842415906_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842415909_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure who made these tracks - some blissed out ermine maybe!

[ATTACH]39010[/ATTACH]

And this is my all-time favorite photo of my own tracks - first really good heel side carve, happened on opening day of the first SKES - and I managed to get a photo of it! Yay!

[ATTACH]39011[/ATTACH]

Wonderful shot 2Ravens...and I have seen you ride and Glide like the Raven you are :biggthump

Not sure who made these tracks - some blissed out ermine maybe!

[ATTACH]39010[/ATTACH]

And this is my all-time favorite photo of my own tracks - first really good heel side carve, happened on opening day of the first SKES - and I managed to get a photo of it! Yay!

[ATTACH]39011[/ATTACH]

Sweet set of tracks Kelly :biggthump

My all-time favorite.

post-3662-141842416111_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Here's an oldie to start.

Aviemore Scotland (soon to be using the US Dollar as currency I think). 20th April 1994, this was the lift right at the top of the hill. That's a Nitro Scorpion track cut through very damp fresh snow. So basically "resort powder", hence the board width isn't an issue.

There was no one else there so I just sessioned that slope all morning, laying down track after track. Originally a Kodachrome 64 transparency shot on a Nikon SLR, the colour went AWOL some years before I scanned it.

post-158-141842417998_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
post-3954-141842418513_thumb.jpgLate last April - last good storm of the season at White Pass. I got a nice clean pumping run under the Basin chair in 6-10" of pretty heavy powder. My Venture Zephyr is a really efficient pump board and I could keep enough energy and flow to make the whole run one long Wedel while skiers had to straightline it (and most of the few who tried bogged down and tipped over). The crowd was minimal early and the tracks lasted for a few hours until the madding herd thrashed the run.

post-3954-141842418507_thumb.jpg

post-3954-141842418511_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...